Star || Archie

Summery: where you're a writer (blue and gold journalist but also write your own stuff) and are supposed to write an article about the football team so you go to the practice but end up with ramblings about archie and you accidentally leave a poem and archie finds it

"You can interview my players after their practice, just wait in the bleachers for now." You nodded, "thanks Coach Clayton." You turned around and walked towards the bleachers. You itched to just go home to write something for yourself, but since Betty had convinced you to write for the Blue and Gold, you had obligations. You sat on the cool metal seats, adjusting your bag and clicking you pen. The players made their way on to the track, starting to run their warm-up laps. Your eyes scanned the group until your gaze landed on a familiar head of red hair.

You scribbled on your note pad : Archie Andrews Rising Star. You'd heard the talk in the hallways about this ginger boy. He had everything going for him, not just in his football career. You couldn't help but admit he was a stand-up guy, just with the number of times you'd talked to him. He was very sweet, so sweet in fact, that you had taken a little liking towards him. So you felt butterflies in your tummy at the thought of speaking to him again. You watched him run the track and the second time around he noticed you sitting in the bleachers. He waved at you and your returned the kind gesture, happy he couldn't see your blush.

You busied yourself with writing small phrases that turned into a small poem. As you finished the last stanza of the poem, you heard the coach's' whistle sound. You ripped out the poem, shoving it in your back pocket. You walked down the steps and toward the football players, Archie more specifically. "Hey, Archie, would you be willing to be interviewed for the Blue and Gold?" He smiled at you, "Of course,Y/N, anything for you." You felt your cheeks grow warm at his reply. You proceeded to ask him the questions that you and Betty made together. He gave solid answers, supporting the team's reputation while also being himself.

"Thanks Archie, I think that's all I need from you," you said, smiling and you noticed he was too. "By the way, the article will be adequately titled, Archie Andrews : Rising Star." He let out a laugh, probably just to pity you. "How have you been, Y/N," he asked, "since summer?" You paused, studying his handsome face. "I've been better, what about you?" He shrugged, "it's just a little weird now," he gestured to his jersey; His jersey with Jason's number on it. You nodded, "I can't imagine what it's like being compared to Jason." He frowned and you saved yourself, "you're so different, but in the greatest way possible." He nodded and looked back up at you. "So what did you do over summer?" You scoffed, "absolutely nothing." He smiled a little, "not even a boyfriend to keep you busy?"

You swallowed hard, "uh no," you replied and Archie seemed to realize that he overstepped your comfort. "Sorry," he said, "it's just hard to believe that a pretty girl like yourself is single." You felt nerves crawl over your whole body. You needed to leave before you said something stupid. You looked down at your watch and sighed. "Well I gotta go, see ya Archie," you spun on your heels and fast walked away. "Y/N, wait," you heard his voice but your just kept going.

Archie watched as you walked away. He had messed up, that much was clear. He bent down to pick up the piece of paper that had slipped out of your pocket. He didn't call out to you again, seeing as you were farther away now. He unfolded the paper and read what you had written.

A.A. - Rising Star
Amidst the darkness of pain and regret,
There stands a star in the field,
Alone among the wreckage
Who burns like the end of a cigarette.
Tousled flames burns too bright,
As the rising star ascends
Into the unforgiving skies,
Blinding those who fear the light.
Of this time of heartache and pain,
It's lovely to see such a handsomely
Strong star that burns so high
It can still breath light amidst the rain.

Archie flashed back to your conversation and made the connection. You wrote this poem about him. Was he really this great, as your poem made him out to be? He folded the paper back up, shoving it into his pocket. He walked over to where his dad normally picks him up with a smile; maybe there was a chance you liked him too.

You closed the door to the News Room around 4pm. You had stayed after school with most of the editing team, which was just you, Betty, and Jughead, to put the final touches on the school paper. Now, you could finally go home and focus on your own writings. You walked over to your locker, opening it to grab your jacket.

"Hey, Y/N!" You turned and saw Archie, walking towards you with a piece of paper in his hands. You instantly recognized the mismatched folding as the poem you wrote while watching Archie at football practice. He held it out to you, his brown eyes bright with excitement. "Is this about me," he asked, and you just nodded. "You're a star in everyone's eyes," you said, trying to brush over the obvious. He just stared at you with a raised eyebrow. "The last stanza," he murmured, and you felt the warm his skin radiated due to his closeness. You nodded, "I added some flourishes."

"Is that all that is?" You bit your lip, looking away from him momentarily. "No, that's not all they are." He smiled, and leaned towards you, "in that case, you're a very pretty star." You felt a blush rise to your cheeks as you looked into his eyes. He leaned down towards you, cupping your face with his hand. His lips brushed yours in question, which you answered with a full kiss. Galaxies exploded behind your eyes as it hit you that your were kissing Archie Andrews; your crush since Freshmen year. He pulled away from you slowly, a boyish grin played on his red lips. "I'll see you at the big game, right Starshine," he asked teasingly. You nodded with a smile, "of course, I'll see you there Andrews."

With that, Archie turned around and left, smiling as he did. You shut your locker and turned the other way, but stopped when you say Betty and Jughead staring at you. "Really? Starshine?" Jughead asked, trying to mimic the way Archie said your nickname. You just smiled at the thought of your star.

-

CREDIT: skywalkersinriverdale
TUMBLR