Game Day || Archie

"That's my jersey." You turned, a wide smile on your face as your eyes met Archie's.

"Yeah!" He smiled right back.

"You look better in it than I do..." He teased, hands coming down on your shoulders.

"You said it." You turned back to your locker, blowing your hair out of your face.

He leaned over to your ear. "You coming to my game tonight?"

"Am I coming to your game tonight?" You asked mockingly. "Of course I'm going to your game tonight."
"Can you not yell at Coach this time?"

"Listen you made a great pass, and he had no right to yell at you for that," you defended yourself. "It's not your fault he couldn't run it." Closing your locker, your brow crinkled in anger. Archie laughed. "I'm still pressed."

He swung his arm around your shoulders, pulling you to his side as you two walked next to each other down the hall towards your class. Grinning, Archie replied, "I know you are, babe."

The game was typical. The Bulldogs were crushing, and you'd like to think it was solely because of your beautiful boyfriend. You'd catch his eyes every once in awhile from the sidelines, smiling widely to show support. "Go, Arch!" You'd yell whenever he had the ball, always finding his small grin under his helmet.

"Hey!" You turned, narrowing your eyes at Coach Clayton.

"L/N, I'd tell you to get out, but you really help him play better. So, I'll just ask you," he leaned in close to your ear. "To stop! Screaming! In my ear!"

Eyes wide with surprise, you coughed slightly. "Strong lungs you got there."

"See you two are getting along better today," Jughead commented sarcastically over the fence. Raising a bright blue jacket, he pushed it over towards you. With it's blue and gold color scheme, bold R on the breast, you knew exactly what it was. "Archie told me to go and grab it from his house for you. Said it would be cold." You reached forward to grab it from him, tugging it over his shoulders.

"Look at you two. So eighties coming of age movie."
Out of nowhere, the crowd suddenly roared in disgruntled, surprised noises. They resembled a crowd booing, but less angry, more concerned. The three of you had been distracted from the field for a moment, however you didn't have to see the field to know that something had happened.
You turned, seeing the ref angrily blowing his whistle. You noticed the letters on the scoreboard change. 34-31. While the Bulldogs were still winning, it was the fourth quarter, and this score was too tight for comfort.

"Time!" Clayton called angrily, waving his arms in the air and pulling the team into a huddle. You leaned against the fence next to Jughead.

"You think it's because you weren't watching him for two seconds?" He joked, elbow nudging your padded shoulder.
"I mean you're kidding but... It means a lot to him." You frowned.
Jughead sighed. "Never thought I'd be friends with a quarterback."

"Never thought I'd wear a letterman's jacket. Yet here we are." Archie's eyes lifted from the heads of his teammates to meet yours. "For that goofball."

"One second, Coach," he murmured, taking steps over to you.

"Hey, baby," you said softly, "You alright?"
"Yeah, just stressed," he sighed.
"You guys got this," you assured him. "You need anything?"
"Just you, here," he answered softly. "I like the jacket."

"It's warm," you nodded. He smiled, pulling on the thick fabric to bring your lips to his. You pulled back, scrunching up your nose. "You stink."

Archie lightly punched your shoulder. "Hey."
"Hey, you know what. You go out there, you kick ass? I'll cuddle you tonight regardless of whether or not you shower." You leaned forward, kissing him one last time, before lightly pushing his chest. "Go kick some ass."

-

CREDIT: riverdale-imagining
TUMBLR