Chapter 5 ✔️

(Heartthrob Ansel Elgort as James)

Edited

Chapter 5

YouTube is the source of all funny videos.

Well not all, but most.

From the cat playing the piano, to girlfriend prank videos. To my all time favorite music prodigies.

These videos that we watch and get amusement out of, instantly become famous. But at one point it was an embarrassing time for the person in the video.

The most memorable video is always the most embarrassing. And the one of a man, stark naked singing Bohemian Rhapsody is probably the most memorable one. It wasn't the fact that he was drunk that made it funny. It was everything that had happened due to his drunken state.

He was in the back of a police car, belting out the tongue twisting lyrics to the songsong, that lasts about 6 minutes, getting every word completely correct. And at the very end he vomited all over the back of the cruiser.

This video is one of the funniest videos I have ever seen. However to be that guy, the one sitting butt cheek naked, being exposed to the whole world, it must have been traumatizing.

And for me, at this current moment in time, I feel as if I can completely relate to emotions this man was feeling when his embarrassment was one of Youtube's top hits.

The back of a police car isn't pretty. The seats are cold and hard. It smells of alcohol, vomit, and sweat. And there's plenty of mysterious stains all around. I had dry tears on my cheeks, and my heels that I probably should have just dropped at the lake, sitting right next to me. 

I feel ashamed of myself. Never in my wildest dreams would I ever expect myself to be in wearing short shorts, no shoes, and basically a see through top, looking like some run down hoe, all while being arrested.

Luckily the alcohol in my system is still there, making this situation feel a lot less over whelming than it actually is, but right now the little voice in the back of my head is sober as day, and the words it's screaming at me are no where near pretty.

As I look out the window of the car, I try my best to rid my mind of the fact that this is the lowest point I have ever hit, but the fact I can feel the police officers eyes on me isn't helping. fortonatley he left the window between us open, but I can tell that if I say the wrong thing the little chance of this situation going away before my mother is involved, will disappear in an instantly.

And if my mother finds out about this, there is without a doubt she will kill me. She will blame this all on my dad, and how it was his idea to "let her live, and be herself" that he kept enforcing when I was younger. She always did hate my persona when I was younger. Always claiming that my rebel attitude looks terrible on the family name.

Slowly tears start to leak from my eyes again, and I just let them flow. Too exhausted to even care that I was letting myself look weak for the second time tonight. I can't handle this. The only reason I am in this situation is because of a stupid kiss and a silly girl with jealousy and control problems.

"You're Quinn Hemmings, right?" The voice from the front asks, and I instantly whip my tears away and turn to look at the cop.

"Umm yeah. Quinn Hemmings." I answer, not feeling like my normally confident self.

"My little sister is a big fan of yours." The officers says, and I instantly start sobbing, the tears coming down like a water fall. How could I be so reckless? I knew that I was a roll model for little kids, espically little girls since I always volunteer at the elementary and middle schools. Not to mention I love to help coach the little league teams for soccer. Now what are they going to think of me?