Chapter-2 : The Beginning

Shayba's P.O.V.

I wake up at the buzzing of the alarm I set in my iPhone. It is 4:45 a.m. I have to pray my Fazar's prayer. My hands automatically search for Anu beside me to wake her up too. But when I fail to feel her presence, I become startled for a moment to find myself in a completely new place. Then I remember what happened yesterday and suddenly my heart sinks deep down.

I miss each and every single part of my home! My bed, my desk, my huge cupboard, my dressing room and most importantly my washroom! Only girls will know how it feels without one's personal washroom.

I look around to find my two roommates sleeping soundly. I've met them only yesterday and now I'm living with them in the same room and probably going to live for the next few years. I, who has always been dad's princess is now gonna stay in this old soot-covered dark room and use its small yet thousand years old wooden bed with a teeny tiny bedside table. There are three small lockers attached to the wall for each of us which are really rusty. Allah knows how old they are.

I've already set my brand new highly configured personal computer on the table which totally doesn't match with the atmosphere of my room. Neither my stuffs and personality do.

Winnowing these things from my head,I go into the horrible looking washroom to perform my ablution and a healthy bloated lizard runs forward to greet me. Aaaaaaaa!! I jump two steps back in fear and stumble with a hard chair. Ooouchhh!! THAT HURT!! That freaking dinosaur almost pulled out my heart from where its cage! I was barely able to stop myself from screaming so that my roommates don't wake up and get annoyed with me. My heart cries out,Oh Allah how am I gonna live here???? I hate lizards the most...!

After finishing my prayer, I recite Ayatul Kursi several times. I need strength to start this new life.

Then sleeping again for more than an hour,I get up at 6:30 a.m. Now I have to get ready for my 1st day at university. This life is a dutiful one. You have to wake up by yourself, get your own clothes pressed, bed organized, books arranged and bla bla bla. In a word, every single thing has to be done by yourself. No one is going to do it for you.

I take out my black and royal blue kurti and press it with the iron. Thankfully mom sent this iron too, otherwise I would have nothing to wear as all my dresses have been crinkled. Jazakillahu Khair mom, I thank her mentally.

Then I put on my black Pierre Cardin pant with a blue hijab and lastly put my black cardigan on that I bought when I went to the U.K. with my full family last year. This cardigan flashed back a thousand beautiful memories in my eyes. How pleasant the trip was! Mom, dad, Bhaiya and us- a perfect family vacation, probably the first and the last one in my life.

The winter air is shivering now and it is the perfect time to wear this. Later I apply my favourite nude shaded lipstick and bam! I'm ready for the very first day.

Taking my Gucci bag and putting on my watch and ring from the table, I pull out the iPhone from the charger. Next I put on my black kitten heels and get out of the room with my other two roommates named Nadia and Farhana and lock the door.

We three descend the stairs having a little chit chat among us and head to the canteen to have our breakfast.

Seeing the canteen, my heart sinks again. Oh man, is this hygienic?? Is the glass clean?? Should I rather go out and eat some plain cake from a general store?? Lots of questions start to pop up in my head. I am soooo confused!!

Finally fighting my inner battle for several minutes,I decide to eat here. If I'm gonna live here, I should get used to it. Yes,I can handle this. I won't get homemade food forever! I am dad's strong girl and I can eat both grand buffet and velpuri (one kind of street food) with the same hands of mine.