Chapter-27 : Persuasion

Zawad's P.O.V.

WHAT THE F**K!!!!

Electricity flew through my spine hearing that.. Did I just hear him right??

"Whatttt??? I believe you are mistaken Mr. Whoever you are."

"Why? No. It's Shayba Ahmed.
S-H-A-Y-B-A!" He spelled it out and made it crystal clear to me only to shatter all my dreams, hopes, desires and aspirations into a billion pieces. And suddenly everything around me just stopped.

There is no other Shayba in my team who he can be talking about. How can she have a boyfriend????!!

No.... It can't be.... Some longings that I never knew I had in my mind obliterated in one single instant. She can't be in gallantry! She can't be anyone else's already!

"Umm you mean the niqabi one?"I tried to turn my last stone up to be sure when his face beamed with joy,"YES! You know her?!"

"Oh! Ummm.... Yeah.. Wait here. I'm calling her down."saying this,I ushered upstairs.

Shayba can't be in a relationship! It can't be true! That guy is mistaking somehow. Though I never asked her directly before but... it just doesn't feel right! Shayba takes her religion way too seriously. I know that! Not only me, she avoids eye contact with every single male, even all the male teachers because of her extreme shyness! How can this girl be in a relationship that her boyfriend comes this far only to pour water to the fire in her mind??? No way! No freaking way!!

I knocked on the door of the girls' room and one of my classmates immediately opened it.

"Zawad? What is it? We are getting ready."

"Call Shayba. Now!"

"Why? What happened?"she asked with concern.

"Oh just call her for God's sake!!"I burst out in frustration.

Being surprised at my sudden change of behavior, she murmured, "Ahh wait...."

A while later, the long awaited niqabi girl appeared before me,"Yes, Zawad bhai? You called me?"

"Someone is waiting downstairs for you."I said gazing down. Why am I feeling so frustrated with this?

"Huh? Who???"

"Go and have a look."saying this,I headed to the first floor. Hesitating for some moments, she followed me too.

I hoped and prayed like crazy that she won't recognize the guy and bump him that instant saying he was nothing related to her but the moment we stepped out of the last stair level, she froze to her place and whispered in disbelief, "WHAT.ARE.YOU.DOING.HERE??!!"

So this was true.

I moved aside to give them some space to talk but my feet didn't let me go further so that I could hear their conversation clearly. I definitely need to know which stage they are on in their relationship. My heart restlessly began to beat faster for getting such a tremendous blow that it was never prepared for. I never thought of this possibility because I was too sure of her character. Was I wrong??????

"Shayba!"he came near,"It's so good to see you."he genuinely smiled.

"I'm.. I.. Oh Gosh..."she started to stammer frustratingly,"I don't understand why are you here!?!?!"

"To confront you."he smiled again,"By the way can you remove that thing from your face for now? It's been a long time I don't get to see your pretty pink face."

WHAT THE...!! How dare he talk like that to her?????

"Just..Spit..Out....!"she gritted hardly subduing her anger.