Chapter-8 : Is everything alright?

Shayba's P.O.V.

We have already completed our first semester. With the blessings of Allah, my grade is now the highest in my class. For that I've been quite a familiar face to the teachers and my classmates at present. Despite being the most quiet person in the class, girls often come to me with questions to solve when I gladly help them. But the same thing becomes extremely awkward when boys come to me to make some topics clear. Though I always try my best to talk to them normally and make them understand the topic while keeping my gaze straight down to my lecture copy, this weird feeling as well as bashfulness of mine is never going to change.

Now we have surveying sessions in near future for which teachers decided to choose some representatives from my class. Mizan sir firstly told everyone,"I will elect three Class representatives from your class. You are going to vote for them but the criteria is the student must contain one of the highest CGPA in your class; secondly he or she has to know how to organize and manage everything with responsibility. Remember a CR is not mere a student but a dutiful one who will do his each duties carefully, besides take others' charge too. You can't just nominate one out of your sheer curiosity. You understand what I mean?"

"Yes sir!"we yelled.

"Fine then, I'm going to declare some names who did well in the previous semester and you have to choose your representatives among them. Am I clear?"

"Yes sir!"

I become totally overwhelmed when I heard Mizan sir calling,"Shayba Ahmed?" and I stood up.

"Can you take this position? You know it's a huge responsibility. You have to be liable for all your classmates."

Warning!

I try not to get too excited as I reply,"I will be honored sir and I promise you I will do my best."

"Okay then."he turns to the class and asked them "Class, will it be okay for you all if she is chosen the CR?"

"No problem, sir!"most of the class yell leaving me grinning teeth to teeth.

"Then it's final. Shayba Ahmed is one of your new CRs. Next!........."

My heart whirls with joy. Yayyyyy!!!
Everyone starts clapping after electing each CR. I can't explain how blissful I felt at this moment Alhumdulillah!

Now it is the break time. I come out of the class with my friends for lunch. "Hey!"I hear someone calling and so look back. It is that Zawad Abir Khan.

"Assalamu Alaikum Bhaiya."

"Walaikum Salam. How you doing?"

"Fine Alhumdulillah. What about you?"I ask for the sake of courtesy.

"Good."he smiles.

Well what else? I start to turn back but he says again smilingly,"You know what happened?"

I have no curiosity at the moment to know but still being bound to ask, I reply,"No..... What?"

"My mom called. To inform me that she had sent me some money. And you know what I said?"

Well I don't know why you're telling me this and where this is going but I become obliged to ask again in a completely dull tone, "What?"

He grins with all his teeth showing, "I replied what you taught me! JazakAllah Khair."

This time I understood what he was talking about all this time. Wow! Someone learnt something good from me about Islam. "Well that's great to hear."

"You know what? My mom replied correctly! She told exact the same big thing you said! She was so startled for some seconds that she couldn't speak!
Then she asked me, "Where did you learn that?" and I told her it was a friend. Hearing that she said, "I guess my son has some good influences too. Hahaha!" he explained excitedly grinning like a child.