Chapter-29 : Now What?

Shayba's P.O.V.

"Shaybaaaaaa! Congratulations!!" Farhana almost blew up my eardrums.

"Huh? For what?"

"Stupid! Where are you? Our results are published!"

"Heeehhh??? Seriously? When?"

"Just now. You got 3.98 and stood first in this semester!"

"Really!?! WHAT? Oh my goodness! Oh gosh! I'm coming right now. Wait!"

I jumped from the bed screaming loud for my fantastic result. Yes, fantastic. I myself even can't believe such wonderful result. Alhumdulillah! It feels so good! Hurriedly informing mom and Annaba, I slipped into my abaya and rushed out of the door pinning my hijab and tying the niqab.

"Driver uncle! Bring out the car!"
"Oh oh why? What happened dear?" he laughed.
"Just quickly take me to university! I stood first!"
"Shukr Alhumdulillah! Who else will be hahhaha? This has to be our Shayba."
"Yeah right."I giggled all the way to my university thinking of my result. Mom was flabbergasted by my sudden outburst of happiness when I embraced her tight a while ago. She is still not over with Siam's refusal I guess.

One week ago when I came home from my trip, it was afternoon. I had no idea that Siam already said no to the wedding. So when mom ran into me infuriated, I was surprised. Not that I was unhappy with it, but it felt weird. I wished to leap out in exhilaration but I had to keep quiet. I asked mom the reason for his sudden change of decision and then she put all the blame on me for blowing up this excessively attractive proposal.

I was happy, I was sad, I was confused. Happy because it happened what I wanted. But perhaps I went overboard being too proud of myself as I thought I'd be the one to reject proposals, not the guy. This is what made me sad. Will I really atone for losing him?

But most importantly, I treated Siam as poorly as possible and he said no. There is nothing at all to be suspicious about. Then why am I confused? Siam left for his own good. But the thing is he disappeared showing no reason. At least as far as I expected, I assumed him to come to my mom and file a thousand of complaints against me. Then why leave without notice?

Anyway, this is not the time to ponder on the stupid history. Let me guess! Who will join as our assistant professor this year? Zawad bhai? Mithila apu? I don't know any other top student of his batch though. But I prayed heart and soul on my way to grant this place to Zawad bhai. He is the best!

I mean, yeah everyone likes him. He cared for me so much on that tour! He took care of all of us pretty well. Everyone was grateful to him for his perfect organizing capabilities. He would be the most eligible person for such post! The most popular teacher of the campus! My heart leapt in excitement.

The car halted outside my campus as I leapt out and rushed to the notice board. My eyes directly flung upwards and yes, the first name was 'Shayba Ahmed!" ME! Tears brimmed over at my ecstasy. Alhumdulillah! A couple of hands joined my shoulders as others patted my back but I was literally on my seventh sky in exhilaration. I couldn't hear the congratulatory words coming from my side being overwhelmed.

"Shayba! We want treat!"was the first line that went through my ears and I laughed.

"Sure! Sure!"I nodded grinning. "Whatever you command."

Wait! Where's the final year result? I turned around in an instant and ran to the other board.

"Hey, where are you going?!" Biva called aloud.

But I couldn't reply. I definitely need to see it myself. I don't know why I'm nervous and why my cold fingers are trembling but I definitely need to find out the result by myself.