Chapter 7 - May?

I only need 2 hours of sleep to feel fully rested. It was after 10 pm. I was laying in bed think of what I could do to pass the time. I heard the door open and Thomas walked in.

"I need a sample of your blood", he said. He lifted my arm and pulled a needle out of his pocket. He slowly stuck it into my forearm. I let out a hiss of pain a I watched the tube filled with res liquid. Thomas pulled out the needle and the skin healed in seconds. Cool. He left after that and I left a few minutes later. I leave the mansion and wandered around the woods. The sounds of crickets and owls filled the night. I walked a few miles until I found myself in the clearing where I had been attacked. I sat on the fallen tree and sighed.

I wanted to keep walking but I knew that the border to werewolf territory was only a few feet away. I stand and turn to walk back when I heard someone call my name.

"Abigail". It was a grown woman's voice. I turned to see woman about my height standing at the edge of the border. Her blond hair brushed her tanned face.

"May"? I walked over, stopping at the border line.

"Where the hell have you been", she asked. "Mom and Dad have been worried sick".

I wanted to laugh out loud. I doubt they miss me. May suddenly sniffed the air.

"There's a werewolf nearby", she gasped. I sniffed the air too. I didn't smell anything. Nay reached across the border towards me. Then I realized what she was talking about. The smell must be coming from me.

"Come on", she said in an urgent voice. "I'm taking you home". When I didn't move, she stared at me in confusion.

"What are y- ", She began to sniff the air again.

"That smell", she gasped. "It's you"! She took several steps back.

"May I-". She cut me off by snarling at me.

"You betrayed us! The pack! Our parents! And worst of all, you betrayed me"!

"May, just let me explain"!

"Save it", she hissed before shifting into a dark brown wolf and bolting in the other direction. I stood there for what seemed like hours before making my back to the mansion. Tears ran down my face. What had I expected?

The mansion soon came into view and as I came through the trees, I was pulled into a hug. I froze when I realized it was Toby. Thomas and Dj came running up. They both stopped a few feet away, looking shocked. Hell, I was shocked too. What the hell is going on?

"Toby......Can't ........Breath", I gasped. He immediately let go, replacing his hands on my shoulder. Toby stared at my tear streaked face. He looked truly concerned. It seemed that Thomas and Dj were able to get over the shock, an they both fished over.

"What happened", Dj demanded pushing Toby out of the way.

"I ran into May". I quickly told them what had happened. Retelling the story was almost like reliving it. It hurt. Toby wrapped his arm around my shoulders and led me inside. Eh was watching Toby closely as she and Thomas followed us.

I hate my life so much right now. I felt like killing myself rich here and now. Maybe I could go home and have my parents rip me limb from limb.