Chapter 13 - Toby

I woke up on the couch the next morning with the moldy blanket wrapped around my body. I opened my eyes and saw a pale, muscular arm wrapped around my waist. Frightened to death, I jumped off the couch. to my surprised, Toby sat up and rubbed his eyes.

"what the hell are you doing here", I demanded. He looked at me, then grabbed my bag, pulling out a white sun dress, a bra, and a pair of underwear. I brushed at the thought of him touching my undergarments. He threw them at me.

"Get dressed", was all he said.

I looked down at myself and let out a little shriek of terror. I was butt naked. I guess my clothes got shredded when I shifted. That would explain the pieces of cloth everywhere. Then a sudden realization hit me. Toby was the person who showed up. He must have saw me.......

My face heated up.

"Turn around", I said in a high pitched voice. He turned and I quickly got dressed. I kept a close eye on him just in case he decided to take a peek.

"Done", I said, crossing my arms over my chest. Toby turned to face me.

"What the hell are you doing here", I demanded again.

"I went looking for you", he said as I sat on the couch.

He sat next to me. a tingling feeling shot through my body when his leg brushed mine.

"I didn't realize", he whispered. "I went looking for you guys and found the papers in the office. I followed Thomas's scent into the woods but he wasn't there".

He placed his head in his hands. Questions flood in my mind. If Thomas is gone, does that mean Toby is ruler?

I looked at Toby. He still had his head in his hands. I sighed and wrapped my arms around his shoulders. He stiffened then relaxed, wrapping an arm around my waist. We sat there for what seemed like hours until he pulled away, stood up, grabbed my hand, and pulled my into his arms.

"I'm sorry about Thomas", he said in my ear. I didn't answer. I felt so comfortable. Just standing here in his arms made me happy.

He pulls back a little, reaches up to push a strand of black hair out of my eyes. He studied my face.

"You're really beautiful", he said. "You know that".

What he said took my off guard.

So I said "Yeah, yeah". Though secretly, I'm pleased.

"No, I'm serious".

His fingers trailed down the side of my face, his nails lightly scraping at my cheekbones. I closed my eyes.......

****************

CLIFFHANGER!!!!!! Sorry for not updating. I've been super busy. Anyways ttyl guys

-Flys away in a magical pink bubble like in Wizard of Oz-