[ 2 ]

(Y/N)'s POV

The entire class groans as Mr. Ackerman explains the project. I notice him glance at me every so often. I don't think much of it, but it's also kinda weird. I look over to Farlan and he's almost completely asleep. I look to my other side at Isabel, who's doodling in her notebook. "I wonder if we can pick our partners" I whisper to her.

Isabel doesn't take her eyes off of her drawing, "Well, it's Levi- er, I mean Mr. Ackerman. He's gonna pick the partners himself." I roll my eyes, disappointed. Mr. Ackerman can be strict sometimes.

"Alright I hope that makes sense, cause I'm not explaining it again" Mr. Ackerman walks back to his desk from the smart-board "now I'm gonna assign partners."

Mr. Ackerman lists off all the groups from his laptop. Isabel gets partnered up with a boy named Ethan, and of course...I get Farlan.

I head down to the front of the class to get a couple laptops for Farlan and I. As I walk, I notice Mr. Ackerman watching me. I quickly focus my eyes on something else though, as his stare is quite intense.

I walk back to my seat, laptops in hand. I can still feel his stare boring into my back, sending me slight chills. What's up with him? I sit down at my seat, trying not to look back at him.

I set a laptop down loudly in front of Farlan, waking him up "W-what's the project about?"

I open my own laptop and navigate to a word document, "it's about the book we just finished, but I didn't get the chance to finish it cause I was gone."

Farlan scoots his chair closer to mine, "well I didn't read the book either so it's okay." I sigh at him, facepalming.

"I'll just ask Isabel to help..." I groan, getting back out of my seat. I walk up to her and Ethan but they seem to be having a lot of fun, so I decide that I shouldn't interrupt. Instead, I hesitantly walk to Mr. Ackerman's desk.

He looks up at me as I approach him. "Yes?"

I nervously fidget with my thumbs, "I didn't get the chance to finish the story because I was gone. Farlan didn't read the book either. Are you able to help?" I ask.

He chews on his pen again, thinking. He gets up from his chair and walks around to the front, leaning on his desk. I step back uncomfortably, as he's now quite close to me. "Why don't you email me after school. I can help you" he suggests.

"O-oh, yeah that works" I chuckle nervously.

"I'll give you my personal email" he says while finding a piece of paper to write on. Why wouldn't he give me his school email? He's acting really weird... He hands me the slip of paper, and our hands touch for a second. His hands are really warm, despite it being winter.

I give him a weak smile, "thank you. I'll email you as soon as possible." He just nods in reply. 

I go back to my seat, and put the piece of paper in my backpack. "Did you get his number or something?" Farlan jokes.

"God Farlan, no!" I nudge his arm and laugh.

For the rest of class, Farlan and I just play games on the laptops because we have nothing else to do. After about 45 minutes, the bells rings for the next class. 

Farlan takes back the laptops and Isabel runs to me happily. "Oh my god, Ethan is sooo cute!" She whispers to me.

"I saw you guys having a good time. You would be cute together" I wink at her.

Isabel's face goes red, "what? No no noooo."

"Yeeess. You should get his number sometime" I suggest.

"Are you crazy? I'm way too shy for that-"

I place my hands on my hips, "didn't seem like it earlier."

"W-well...." she starts. "Yeah okay. I'll ask him sometime."

Isabel, Farlan and I head to our second period classes. I have class with Isabel, but not Farlan. He has a different class. Isabel and I stop at our lockers to switch out textbooks. "So I thought we could go over to my house to work on the project tomorrow" she tells me.

I think for a second, "yeah I should be free."

"Sweet. We'll watch movies afterwards" She smiles.

Every weekend, Farlan, Isabel and I watch a movie together. It's my favorite part of the week, we always have a lot of fun.

The rest of the school day was pretty boring. My other teachers didn't excuse me from my assignments like Mr. Ackerman did. I counted, and have 38 assignments missing. Lovely... The most exciting part about coming back was when my friend Armin found a bug in his salad. 

Well, I have a lot of work to do. I still wonder why Mr. Ackerman gave me his personal email. I hope he doesn't send me- no no, he wouldn't. Oh god, I hope nothing weird happens.