[ 9 ]

(Y/N)'s POV

My eyes opens slowly, letting in the light around me. I quickly realize I'm in an unfamiliar place. I feel warmth next to me.

I shift my focus towards it and see Levi sleeping soundly next to me. His body is close to mine, back facing me.

My head pounds painfully and feels foggy. I force myself up and stretch out my arms, letting out a big yawn.

I situate myself on the edge of the bed. My eyes trail to the bedside table, where an alarm clock reads 8:46 AM.

Shit...

I look back towards Levi and place my hand on his side, shaking him gently. It didn't take much to wake him.

He turns around in the bed to face me. His eyes struggle to open, and his hair looks disheveled. I never expected to see him so...non put together. "Morning, brat" he groans.

"School started 46 minutes ago..." I tell him.

"Hm well that's unfortunate, isn't it? Too bad we're staying home sick" he shrugs.

I look at him confused, "what? Both of us?"

He nods slightly, "you got me sick. I called in and asked for a substitute. Then later on I put on a fake voice pretending to be your dad to excuse you."

My jaw drops at him, "huh...you're amazing."

"I try" he shrugs again. "But uh...we have to remember that this is pretty illegal" his tone becomes serious.

I slip back under the warm covers. "What do you mean?" I ask.

"I'm in bed with a minor, which is most definitely not legal" he explains.

I think about Levi's words for a minute. I became comfortable with him pretty quickly. I thought it was weird at first but something just...changed? He has a weird charm to him that's hard to not like. I mean I don't necessarily have to be in a bed with him, or even in his house at all. But I oddly don't mind it. "I wont tell anyone" I whisper.

He gives me a weak smile, "alright."

Suddenly I feel something moving around at my feet. I look up and see a cat walking across the bed. This must be the cat he mentioned at the store the other day. "Hi" I reach my hand out for it to come up to me.

Levi sighs, "that's Princess."

"Princess?" I let out a chuckle.

"My niece named him that..." He says, pursing his lips.

"Him?" I laugh again.

"Unfortunately."

"Well you're very cute, Princess" I pet the cat gently.

Levi, Princess, and I lay in the bed together closely. Our body heat keeps us warm in the cold house. As I lay here, my mind starts to wonder.

"Levi?" I ask.

"Hm?"

"Have you been in relationships before?"

He groans, sounding exasperated, "yes. Only a couple. I just recently got out of a pretty bad one. Actually it happened while you were away. What about you?" He asks.

"Weeelll...does elementary school count?"

He shrugs, "I suppose."

"Well I uh, kinda dated Farlan for like, two days. We said we would get married and have 5 kids" my face grows red with embarrassment.

"5?" He huffs.

"Yep. No idea why. I like kids, but not that much. I can maybe handle 2."

"Yeah one would be enough for me. I don't need a ton of brats running around. I already deal with them at school" he says, and sits up in the bed. "Breakfast?"

I smile and nod, and get out of the bed. I playfully run into the kitchen, while Levi follows slowly behind. He starts to rummage through the fridge but doesn't seem to have any success. "Well great..." he sighs. "Sorry, I should have bought more stuff."

"No that's okay, I'm guessing you weren't planning on having me here anyway" I lean over the kitchen island. "Maybeee we can go to a café?" I suggest.

"Fine with me. You're not wearing that though" he points at my sleep clothes.

Oh right, I almost forgot these clothes aren't even mine. "Well my dad should be at work and Emma is...I don't know where but probably not home" I shrug. "We can stop by so I can change."

"Sounds good. I'll go get dressed real quick" he slips back into the bedroom.

I stand around the front door, waiting. Princess appears from around the corner and rubs up against my leg. I pick up my now dry backpack from beside the door. I don't even want to look inside it, I'm sure all my homework is ruined from the rain.

Moments later, Levi appears wearing the clothes he always seems to wear when teaching. Professional yet laid back. Slacks, a button down, and oxfords. They're the type of clothes that the "cute" teachers wear. The type of teacher all the high school girls have crushes on. I mean I don't blame them...

"Alright let's go" he grabs his wallet and keys and we head out to the car.

As we drive to my house, I give him the directions. Is it weird that I'm telling him where I live? I have to remind myself that he's still sort of a stranger. I've known him for awhile because of school, but I don't tend to form relationships with teachers. I talk to them at school, and that's it. I don't even want to imagine what would happen if me and him run into one of my classmates while we're together...

At the same time, because he is a teacher he should be pretty reliable and trustworthy. I'm guessing he had to get a background check. But still, I'm sure some teachers have their own secrets that they don't tell other faculty about.

I hope this whole situation isn't gonna take a bad turn...

***

A/N
Here's the car I imagine Levi has.

A/NHere's the car I imagine Levi has