[ 5 ]

(Y/N)'s POV

Farlan throws himself onto Isabel, grabbing her tightly with fear "Hold me-."

I lean forward in anticipation, preparing for a jumpscare. The movie is almost silent as it builds suspense. Suddenly I hear the sound of footsteps...but not from the movie. It sounds like they're coming from outside. "Uh- guys?"

"What?" Isabel asks.

"I hear footsteps..." I say, growing more and more nervous.

"Tch, you're not messing with anyone" Levi says unfazed.

I stand up from the couch, still hearing the footsteps. "I'm not kidd-" I start, but suddenly get interrupted by loud banging on the front door.

"Oh shit- I think someone's breaking into the house" Levi quickly gets up from the couch. "Guys we gotta hide."

"I'll hide in my bedroom" Isabel says as she darts up the stairs.

"I'll hide in the pantry" Sasha quickly rushes towards the kitchen.

I hurry up the stairs, arms out directly in front of me so I don't bump into anything in the pitch black house. I run my hands along the walls, finding a door to what I assume is a little coat closet.

I quickly get down and lay on the ground, holding my breath.

Suddenly I hear someone else get in, but can't make out who it is. "F-Farlan?"

"Levi."

Oh that's great...

"Do you know where the others are?" I ask.

"I think Sasha is in the kitchen and Isabel is under her bed. I don't know where Farlan is" he explains quietly. His voice is calm and soothing.

I feel a couple tears forming in my eyes, as I think about what could happen. "I'm scared" I whisper to him.

"You'll be okay" Levi says slowly.

Suddenly I feel the warmth of Levi's body hovering over me. His arms are on either side of me, pinning me in place. "L-Levi? What are you doing?"

"Don't worry about it" he whispers. I feel his breath just inches away from my lips. I try to move away, uncomfortable at the sudden tension but his arms don't let me budge.

"W-why are you doing this?" I whimper quietly, a little scared at this point.

Suddenly the closet door whips open, and the lights in the house switch on. "Surprise!"

I quickly shift my vision to see Farlan, Isabel, and Sasha standing outside the closet. Levi quickly moves away from me. "Oh shit" Farlan says awkwardly.

"Uhm..." I start saying.

Levi rapidly moves away from me and stands up. "I should go" he slips out of the closet and down the stairs. We all hear the front door shutting loudly.

"Well, she fucked the teacher." Farlan says, and crosses his arms.

I gasp at him "what? I did not!" I get up and flick Farlan's forehead. "He was just comforting me" I pout angrily.

"Oh-ho-ho, riiiight." Isabel jokes.

I flick her forehead as well. "Stop it- I was really scared. Why would you pretend to have someone rob the house?"

They all shrug. "We planned it before you and Levi came, but didn't expect that to happen." Farlan says. "The 'robber' was Eren."

I sigh at them, pinching between my brows. "Ya'll ruined my night. I'm leaving."

***

(Levi's POV)

I ran out of the house like it was being set on fire. I needed to get out of there. I messed up. The car starts, and I pull out of the driveway as quick as I can. I didn't even grab my crap.

The street lights flicker as I drive through town. I glance at the dash and it displays 1:25 am. Damn...

Do I care about her? Does she think I'm a creep? Probably.

10 minutes later, I approach my house and park my car in the garage. I walk in quickly and immediately pour a drink. What the hell was I thinking? A girl her age with someone like me? She's just so innocent...I wouldn't want to ruin that. Or...do I? Fuck.

Several shots later, I walk into my office and look at my stacks of blank canvases. I pick one up, and grab a couple colors of paint. Black, grey, and red. I stare at the canvas for a minute, imagining how I'll paint her.