Apartment

I did not make the cover or video in the story. Credit goes to: books1524
Editor help credit goes to: SarcasticallyWitty
***********************

Alexandra Abigale Adams, don't you dare walk out that door!" My mom hissed, walking out of the kitchen and starting towards me.

I sighed and snatched my car keys, clutching my purse tight and grabbing hold of the doorknob. "Mom, we've been over this! I'm going to be done packing tonight, and I'll be gone by tomorrow. That's final!"

"Alex, you--"

"I've already got the rest of my stuff in the truck. I'll see you tonight. Love you." I walked out the door and hopped into my truck, starting the engine as I watched mom run after me. I quickly backed out of the driveway and waved bye as I pulled out my phone to call my friend, Amelia, who had been helping me unpack at my new place. I was going to meet up with her at some random café she picked out.

The phone rang twice before Amelia answered.

"Hey, Amelia. Just wanted to let you know I'm on my way. I'll be at the café in five."

"You sound tired. Everything okay?"

"Yeah, no, I'm alright."

"Was it your mom?"

"She freaked out and chased me out the door."

"Are you serious?!"

"I'll tell you everything when I see you, okay? I don't wanna freak out when I'm on the road." I chuckled a little.

She laughed, too. "Alright. Drive safe. See ya."

Amelia hung up before I could, and I put my phone down. I ran my fingers through my red, washed out hair. It used to be black, but when I was seventeen I went through a hair dye craze. I'm nineteen now and plan on dying it back to its natural color. But with the new apartment, my overprotective mom and my tedious waitress job that I work two shifts at, my hair is at the bottom of my priorities.

Before I went into the café, I checked my appearance in the car mirror. I had pale skin and bags under my eyes. I looked a bit older than I should, and my long, straight hair flowed over my shoulders to the small of my back. My lips were bright red and glossy because of my lipstick, popping out in my appearance just like my bright blue eyes. Taking a big breath, I stepped out of the car and fixed my jacket, locking the door. I passed by a man leaning against the wall of the café, not really taking any notice. When I went in, Amelia was already there, and I went over to her and took a seat.

"Don't worry, I already ordered for you."

I situated myself and leaned against the back of the chair. "What'd you get?"

"Iced mocha for me and a caramel iced coffee for you."

"You know me too well."

She giggled before she got serious. "So what's the deal with her now?"

As I was going through my whole argument with my mom, we got our coffees, which calmed me down enough to where I wasn't running around the shop. It was still loud enough to earn a few looks and side glances, though. Amelia listened tentively, taking small sips through her straw when she wanted.