The Beating

**Nathan's POV**

I'm standing at the edge of the stairs at the top watching Leo drag Alexandra up the stairs. I guess she tried to escape. But why didn't she come get me first? Does she not care about me getting out also?

Leo pulled Alexandra into a room and all I could hear was her screaming. The door was left open and I seen Leo was tying her down to a chair. He then walked out of the room then went into his room. I guess it's his room. He came back out with what looked like a leather belt. I looked down at my feet. "Go back in the room, Nathan." Leo demanded. I went back into the room I once was in.

When I heard the door to the room that Leo took Alexandra in close, I walked out of this room and walked up to Alexandra's door and slightly cracked it open to see what he's doing to her.

He kept hitting Alexandra over and over and over again with the leather belt until she lost consciousness. But he still kept hitting her muttering something under his words.

The bottom of Alexandra's forearms were facing upward and on her left forearm there was something etched into her skin but it was bleeding bad enough I couldn't read it.

I stood wanting to stop him but I couldn't. When he stopped I quietly ran to the room that I was in and sat on the palette I made. I heard a door screech open then close. Then I heard Leo walk downstairs. I got up and walked to the door and opened it then walked downstairs into the kitchen where I'm guessing Leo was. I got to the bottom of the stairs and seen Leo with his face in his hands against the counter.

"May I ask a question?" I asked.

"Go for it Nathan." He told me.

"What did Alexandra do for you to beat her?" I questioned.

"Well, I trust too easily." Leo told me. That doesn't tell me anything. I just walked back up the stairs and into the room I once was in and laid down on the pallette. Then I let sleep takeover.

 Then I let sleep takeover

Word count, 374.