Chapter 15

You had just woken up from your sleep. Shortly after Arte found you in the library, he told you he finally found someone who could teach you. It was a woman. She was a recent graduate so she was around your age. Arte was rather pleased with himself when he found a tutor for you. Today you were set to learn from her. You wondered how well you would do since you were never given formal education. The closest you ever got to one was sitting in a small room with twenty other people who ages ranged from five to twenty learning the basics. 

Arte wasn't in the bed anymore and you dress up and head to dining hall. As you were walking, the slaves look at you with curiosity. For so long they believed you were going to die soon. You thought so too. You wanted to speak with them but it was obvious that they were terrified. Terrified that if they made a mistake in front of you, you would report them to Arte. You wouldn't of course, but fear has a stronger hold than faith.

When you enter you see Regina talking to Arte. You see that she is trying to get his attention and you figure out she is still trying to get him involved in the upcoming wedding. The date was finally set and Regina was at a breaking point or so she says. You were wondering what to do when Arte notices you.

"F/n." he says happily as he walks over to you leaving a Regina who had pissed off look on her face. "Hope you had a pleasant sleep." he says as he holds you hand. Regina gets up and walks away still maintaining her facade of a happy noble woman. You sit down next to Arte and he explains the schedule to you. "She will be here right after noon. She will teach you mathematics, literature, geography and the history of Roan." You nod to show you were following along. 

You finish breakfast and Arte leaves you alone as he has to deal with things you rather not name. As you were walking you see Regina pulling her hair looking at all sorts of books. She notices you and motions for you to come. When you are next to her she begins talking.

"Since Arte is not helping me with the damn wedding you will." She pulls you down to a seat nearby and puts a catalog in front of you. She begins grumbling about how painfully tiring it is to plan a wedding and how annoying it is that she can't even get an answer from Arte. 

"Why don't you get someone else to help you other than Arte?" You ask. She lets out a laugh.

"You don't think I tried. When I did that, they come up to me every five minute asking 'Is this okay? Do you like the color? What ever you want' They are so stupid. The reason I asked for your help is because I don't want to deal with it." She says as she slams a book shut. She crosses her arms and looks at you. "I heard you got a tutor."

"I did."

"He must be really serious about you to go this far."

"Excuse me?"

"You don't get it do you. Do you know why Arte is going to such extents for you, a slave?" You shake your head no. "He wants you to be the Empress. He is making sure you get educated formally, so no one can oppose you."

"But my background though. That still leaves room for opposition."

"It does but not as much as you think. I've seen servants rise to power if they play the cards right. You need to think quick F/n. Both our lives depend on it." You then remember, if you become Empress then Regina might wind up dead.

"What do I do then? I can't outright say no."

"Well you need to figure something out." Regina gets up from her seat.

"Where are you going?" You ask.

"I am going to figure out how to keep my head on my shoulders. Also F/n." She turns to you with a serious expression. "You need to figure out your plan on your own. I don't want to get involved as it will pose a risk to me. As of now, your plans of escaping or whatever never reached my ears." Regina walks away. You and Regina were beginning to get along but you knew for a fact that she places value on herself only. You knew she would sell you out for her life if she had to.