Ending 2

It was the appointed time and you and Cedric headed over to the meeting point. Cedric told you to look terrified and scared should anything goes wrong. He also said that it might help manipulating Arte to his terms.

When you arrived, you were being watched by two guards of Vols and Cedric. The meeting place was one of the few areas that had yet to be touched by the war. You were brought to a room where Arte was waiting. He was glaring angrily at Cedric.

"I see you kept your promise." he said.

"That I have." Cedric says calmly.

"Did you do anything to her." Arte looks at you and shudder. Arte turns to Cedric.

"I wonder." Arte was about lunge at him but he held himself back.

"Sit. We have things to discuss."

"My pleasure." he turns to the guards. "Bring F/n to my side of the border. I don't want to have double cross us." Arte glared at Cedric but he only smiled. You were escorted out and was waiting to anxiously on the border. You were frightened. Cedric was a kind man and you could see how much he cared for his people. You became rather distrustful of people over the course of time and you didn't put it past him for giving you away if it meant that his people's safety was guaranteed.

Within the hour you heard screams and then everything became silent. The guards took a protective stance and waited to see what would happen. Cedric walked out with guards. His clothes covered in blood. He walked up to you.

"What happened?" you ask.

"I killed him." he says. You widen your eyes in shock.

"Killed him?"

"Yes. I think he was planning to have me dead by the end of the meeting. I took the precautions and when he was about to stab me, I told him that you would die if I died. It distracted him long enough so I could finish him off." Arte was dead. Vols had won.

"So you won."

"I did." you smiled. You were free. You had formed some sort of attachment to Arte during your stay but you knew it wasn't love. Since you lived an isolated existence, you relied on him for company. 

A year later.

Since Cedric won the war, his first order of business was to outlaw slavery. Not many people were happy with this, but they were forced into it as Cedric enforced the strict codes. Families would lose their titles and wealth if they didn't free them. Auction houses were shut down and everyone was freed. His second order was to merge the two Empires together. It took a while but soon it worked out. 

Cedric and also gotten married to Esther after months of convincing her. You lived with them for the time being to adjust to a life where you didn't have to worry about being kidnapped or forced into things. You were also introduced to someone but you turned him down as you weren't ready to settle down after everything that had happened. You had decided to leave and settle in a new place in Vols. Cedric had offered you to stay but you turned him down since he and Esther were expecting a child soon.

You had found some of the woman from your previous village and you all headed back there. When you arrived, the houses were dilapidated and the remains of the men were still there. You and the rest started digging graves for the men who perished. You found your father's remains and buried them next to your mother's. You put flowers on their graves and smiled.

"It has been quite the ride I experienced since you died. It was hard and there were days where I just wanted to give up. But here I am now. I just you were here with me." you felt like you were about to cry but you wiped your tears away. "Everything is going to be okay." you look at your parent's grave once more before going back to rebuild the village. It might take a while but this time you had nothing to fear.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDD!!!!!!!!!!!

I wasn't expecting this story to be so popular. Thank you to those who read this story when there was only one chapter and those who joined along the way. I am really happy you enjoyed the story. Thank you so much and check out my other stories because they need just as much luuvvv.

Thank you!! :)