Chapter 3

*Anusha Pov*

"I don't want to eat that for sure." I said, staring at the brownie my friend got for herself.

"Then go and get what you want." She said enjoying her favorite making me sigh.

"I am lazy. Can't you understand that? You should have brought something for me too." Mumbling, I stood up and started walking towards the counter.

Taking the ice cream I turned around to walk towards my table, but something or shall I say someone caught my eyes. I stood at my place for a few seconds thinking what to do.

But finally walked towards him when he is just nodding at his friend and I greeted him saying, "Hey!"

He turned around frowning, but then realized who is it and I waited for him to greet back or say something or at least give a smile but he turned back to talk to his friend.

And at that moment it felt so bad to be ignored like that. I wanted to lash out or cry in humiliation when a few people saw the exchange.

However, I composed myself and said, "Sorry for the disturbance, Mr. Satvik Kolgha." And not waiting for his reply, I walked off towards my table not giving away any expression.

"That was..." Jyothi started, but I glared at her and she immediately stopped.

"I am stupid!" I whispered, sitting at my place.

"I know!" she said, nodding, but laughed, making me frown at her.

"Come on, Anusha! I know you were college beauty, and still is but that doesn't mean everyone will be behind you." She added making me stare at her in shock.

"What? When did I say that I need someone to fall behind me? I knew him and just greeted him, but he ignored me." I pointed out to which she shrugged.

"What is with you today? You called me here saying it's been long since we meet which was during college last day and now you are talking all this." I asked feeling bad that she thinks like this.

"Well, I was just telling the truth. I mean, weren't all guys behind you? And now you are even working because of your father." She just continued to talk rubbish and I immediately stood up.

"When you actually want to be a friend and need a friend just give me a call." Saying that I turned around and walked off ignoring everyone around me feeling disappointed at her behavior.

I sat in my room changing the channels wishing I can just throw this remote at the television but just settled with fuming.

"I am not hungry!" I even gave the statement to the help when she asked me to come for dinner.

"I should be angry at you for getting me booked near them today during dinner. But seems like you are already angry at someone." I heard Bhai's words but I ignored him.

"As a punishment I brought all my favorites, but seems like I need to throw these away." He added and I glanced at him to see him holding a tray filled with not his favorites but mine.

"They are my favorites." I pointed out.

"And they are going to be thrown away." He said and turned to leave while I frowned looking at the food.

"No! They are your favorites and I will take that punishment of eating all of them." I said and he immediately walked inside before placing the tray before me.

He sat with me while I finished everything in silence and smiled at the end looking at him. I am quite sure he got them from outside with these being unhealthy in my Mom's eyes.