Chapter 5

• Αφιερωμένο στον/ην satwri

*Anusha Pov*

"What?" I asked Bhai, when he continued to stare at me.

"Are you hiding something?" he asked making me frown but then I paled thinking he may have got to know about Satvik.

"Why?" I mumbled, not knowing what to tell him.

"It's been so long since we went somewhere and you didn't even ask me to take you anywhere." He replied and I sighed in relief.

"Nothing to hide, Bhai. We are just busy I guess and you even got a new girlfriend now, right?" I asked him smiling.

"Any girlfriend will not be more important than you. So, if there is any problem just let me know." He replied to which I held his hand.

"Maybe not now, but someday a girl would be very important than anyone in your life." I promised him because Satvik is reaching that stage for me.

He just snorted and finished his dinner. I pushed my plate away not feeling hungry anymore for hiding the happiest news in my life from my brother.

"You both sit down. We need to have a word with you." Dad said making both of us frown.

"What is it?" I asked him, hoping it is not some business related, but after he replied I wished it was business related.

"He is a nice boy and they want you as their daughter-in-law. Mr. Kiran already asked him son and seems like even the son wants to marry you. I can say that the proposal is from their side. Your Mom and I decided it seems to be the best proposal." Dad just continued to talk.

"No!" I stated before Bhai can say anything giving my decision.

"You didn't even meet him." Mom protested, but I shook my head.

"I don't want to meet him. I am in a relationship at present." I informed and felt silence all around.

Bhai looked more surprised than my parents I gave him a guilty look before facing my parents.

"So, I don't want to meet anyone." I added looking mainly at Dad.

"Fine! Then bring your boyfriend to our house." Dad suggested making me froze.

"What?" I asked him feeling shock because he never asked me to bring any of my dates before.

"Yes! Make us meet him and then we will decide what to do about the proposal. We will not throw this away because of your relationship if it is casual. Let us see how serious you both are." He replied.

"We didn't even discuss about marriage with each other." I protested not understanding why is he doing this.

"I am not going to talk to him about marriage. I just want to see whether it is good to say no to Mr. Kiran's son." He said standing up.

"I can't bring him." I said, sitting at my place.

"Either you bring this boy or else meet Mr. Kiran's son." Giving that ultimatum he walked off and Mom too walked away from the dining area.

I turned to see Bhai sitting in silence and before I can open my mouth, he too stood up and walked off. Feeling the tears rolling down from my eyes, I rushed to my room and locked the door.

Taking out the phone I called Satvik but he immediately cut it and I called him again, but the next three times he did the same.

'I am with my family. I will call you when I reach my room.' He messaged and somehow it made me cry more.