Chapter 19

*Satvik Pov*

"He is still busy in the meeting." That's the reply I got again after two hours waiting.

"Okay! I will wait." I repeated my words and walked back near the chair before sitting down.

I know he doesn't want to meet me and is asking them to tell me these lines. But I don't want to leave until I know Anusha is well and to know where she is.

I need to see her and tell her that I am the worst person. Remembering each and everything during these two weeks along with searching for her made me realize how badly I let her down so many times.

Now, no matter what her brother throws at me, I will be here until I see her. So, I sat like that for the next few hours again lost thinking about the incidents when I found the receptionist standing.

"Tomorrow ensure to intimate my assistant the moment client reaches here." I heard Ansh's voice and glanced up to see him talking to the receptionist.

"Ansh!" I called him when he continued to walk, but his expression before I called stuck me.

"You are still here?" he asked and his whole happy expression changed into a blank one.

Yes! He was smiling until the moment I call him. I thought and cleared my thoughts away before reaching near him.

"Ansh! Is she fine? Where is she?" I asked and he looked around making me realize a few people are still around us.

"We can talk there." He said, gesturing the corner area and I nodded before walking there with him following me.

"What are you doing here?" he asked before I can say anything.

"I need to know where is she, Ansh. Is she fine? Please tell me where is she." I replied, but he shook his head.

"She is alive, of course." He replied, making me flinch with the accusing stare he is using.

"I know! I made the biggest mistake of my life, but... but my mind was running with a thought like my Mom is no more... okay any excuse will not reduce the mistake I did." I said shaking my head.

"True! You know I recently told someone that you just didn't pull the trigger and that's all you didn't do. Isn't that right?" he asked, folding his arms.

"I still remember how she took my coat saying if you see her wounded you wouldn't be able to bare so she wanted you to be calm. You showed how well you bare seeing her wounded. Are you really the person for whom she left everything? She left the perfect job also for a person like you, right? Do you think you are really that worth?" he shouted holding my collar.

I closed my eyes, knowing that the answer is a big no and he released my collar saying, "I want to kill you more than that Laksh."

"You know what? I feel you would have taken the gun from him and shot Anu if your Mom had actually got wounded." His words made me open my eyes.

"No! I would never..." his face made me pause before taking a deep breath to control the anger.

I know how that fast reaction became a reason for me to lose her. I stared at him to see him checking his watch and the door.

"Ansh! Where is she? I need to meet her and... I just need to meet her." I pleaded him, letting all the covered up masks go.

"I sent her away from India. She is living in another country and I will make sure you will never know where. You want to search for her? Search all over the world and find her." Saying that he walked off.