Chapter 6

*Satvik Pov*

"I am not hungry." I mumbled, looking at my watch and didn't even glanced at anyone but I know everyone is looking at me.

"Aren't you going to come to work?" Dad asked and that moment I glanced up from the dining entrance to stare at him.

I didn't want this confrontation and was leaving calmly but Mom called me from the doorway and I had to stop.

"It will not matter whether I will be there or not, right? I am working there only because I am your son." I stated making him shake his head.

"Forget all that, Satvik. Just come to work and forget about that girl also." Bhai said frowning at me.

"He is the one who used those words and you accepted that with your silence." I accused him back.

"Stop it, Satvik! Talk to your brother with respect. This is all because of that girl. If she can bring this much tension with just being your girlfriend, just imagine how it would be if she enters this house." Mom started and I closed my eyes.

I wish I can open my mouth and tell her that the girl is going to enter this house today as my wife but I know I can't do that.

Am I making the situation worse by going along with the plan, we made yesterday night? But then I remembered what her Dad planned if we didn't take this step.

"Where are you going?" Mom asked, frowning at me.

"I have some work." I replied and started walking off.

"And that work better is to inform her that you will not meet her anymore." Dad's voice followed.

"Sure!" I said and smiled to myself because I am not going to meet her from now on but I am going to live with her.

I paced in the temple along with my friends waiting for her. Did she change her mind about coming here? But she would have messaged me.

And then I saw her climbing the steps, but I stared at her with wide eyes looking at her attire. She looked like a perfect bride.

"Hey! Normal shirt?" she asked, frowning at my attire.

"I didn't know you were going to come here wearing this Saree and the jewelry." I replied staring at her.

"I even got the bridal makeup done and you are sweating." She mumbled frowning.

"That's why you are late." I concluded and she nodded, smiling with a guilty look and I couldn't help but smile back.

"We are marrying against everyone's wishes. So, I didn't think about all this." I explained.

"But we are going to get married only once. I don't plan on getting married again and I hope you are not planning for that too." She pointed out and added the last part with a warning.

"You are enough for me. Now, let's move." I mumbled holding her hand and started walking, but she stopped for a second.

"I wish Bhai is here." She whispered with a pained look, but shook her head and gave me a smile.

With everything already ready, we got married immediately and then my friends signed as witnesses for both of us.

"Thanks for all this." I said, looking at them, but they just waved off and left after congratulating us.

"Hello husband!" she whispered, holding my hand when we both started climbing down the steps.

"Hello Mrs. Anusha Kolgha!" I whispered and she stopped in her tracks.