Chapter 17

*Anusha Pov*

It's been twenty four hours since I heard those words from him. It's been twenty four hours since the whole family is worried for Aunty.

"Satvik! Twenty four hours finished and I think the police will take the complaint now." I mumbled when he slumped on the chair after calling everyone we know.

"I already called them." Uncle said, walking near Satvik with a normal face, but I can see the tension covering his features.

"When were you going to tell us about this man, Satvik?" he asked when Satvik stayed silent.

"Uncle! We didn't think he will..." he stopped showing me his hand and just stared at Satvik.

"Do you even know what danger your Mom is in? And she has nothing to do with him or anything else." He continued and before I can say anything to stop him he shook his head with a frown at me.

"If anything will happen to her..." he trailed off, looking at both Satvik and me, after which Satvik finally glanced at his father.

"Dad! Police are not serious after talking to our neighbors." We heard his brother walking towards us with Manvi.

"Why?" Satvik asked him.

"Our neighbors informed them that Mom used to be disturbed and sad after your marriage and the police are thinking Mom wantedly left." He explained and I closed my eyes hearing those words.

"How can they do that? I wish... I wish there is one clue to show them that he kidnapped Mom." Satvik mumbled and we all heard the bell ringing.

Manvi left us to see who it is and returned after a few minutes with a courier and stared at us with worry.

"No one was there except this." Saying that she passed the cover to Uncle but Satvik snatched it and opened it.

He took out one paper and started reading not making a sound, but suddenly glanced at me making me frown.

"What is it?" Uncle asked and he calmly passed the letter to him before taking out another thing which turned out to look like a legal document.

"What is it, Satvik?" I asked, feeling the tension passing through him.

"He wants both of us to sign this document." He replied and I frowned at him.

"He wants our company? Okay! We will sign off." I said, moving near to him.

"No! He wants us to sign the divorce papers." His words stopped me in my tracks with air rushing out of my body.

"What?" I asked in a whisper.

"He said... he said that after signing we need to drop them near our gate within two hours. Then... then tomorrow evening he wants... he wants you to meet him after which he will drop Mom at home otherwise..." he trailed off closing his eyes holding his hands in fists while I felt mine shaking after hearing the words.

"Why is he behind her this much to even hurt Mom?" Manvi asked and I turned to see her crying.

"I will talk t police now showing this. Now, they will realize this is kidnap." Saying that Uncle walked off with Jatin following him while Manvi left the room to prepare something to eat for all of us.

I finally slumped beside Satvik not feeling any strength to stand before placing my hand on his shoulder but he sat like a statue.

"Satvik!" I whispered, feeling scared with everything and he slowly turned towards me to stare at me.

"What do you think we should do?" he asked in a blank voice and I felt the tug seeing the pain he is hiding.

"Uncle went to talk to the police. Now we have proof." I whispered, telling him in a way that I don't want to sign the divorce papers.