4

It's been about 70 years, almost there.

Jasper sat at the controls, her knuckles nearly white from gripping them so hard.

You continued to sit quietly in the back, monitoring the engine and fuel levels.

A loud beeping noise came from Jasper's monitor, and she cackled evilly. "We're getting closer, the Earth is in view," she said.

You got up from your seat, eager to see your Diamond's old planet again. It's land was still so green and the oceans so blue, but a thick cloud of metal and trash sat orbiting the Earth.

"How disgusting," you muttered to yourself as Jasper shook her head.
"Get back in your seat," she hissed. "We're going to enter atmosphere soon."

"With all that garbage? I'd rather not!" You snapped back, regretting your decision after.

"What was that, you low class gem?" Jasper turned to face you, her eyes narrowed

"N-nothing," You stuttered. "I—Uh—Im going to take my seat!"

Jasper turned back to her control panel and began preparations for landing. "Beach City, Huh? What a weak name," she laughed at her 'joke'.

"Hey, Peridot," You decided to call down the hallway. "What's the status of Earth?"

A familiar peridot walked into view. Her enhancing limbs were busy at work with some screens. "Nngh... Still organic. Now excuse me, I have lots of work to do than give you information, and..." She drones off and walked away.

You nodded your head and rested your hand on the arm rest.

Suddenly, the ship shook lightly. You ignored it, thinking it was a minor malfunction.

Instead, it began to shake more violently, throwing you side to side in the chair.

"W-w-What's going on?!" Peridot ran back into the main room, beads of sweat running down her face.

The Lapis Lazuli walked in as well, confused but not panicked.

Jasper was busy at the main controls, trying to keep the ship from going crazy. "These old ships are so annoying!" She yelled.

The ship quickly flipped to the right, knocking everyone into the wall. It flipped again, throwing you into a long hallway.

You landed in the back, pain coursing through your veins. You screamed before something hit the back of your head, and everything went black.