7

"W-wait... are you asking me to..." you raised a hand warily, a slightly nervous look on your face.

Jasper snorted and laughed. "Me...? Fuse with you...? You're just a common soldier in Yellow's court!" Though her comment was rude, you couldn't help but smile when she snorted. It was so cute and adorable! You blushed a little.

She happened to notice your blush and smile and she raised an eyebrow, stopping her laughter. "Hey, stop that."
"Stop what?" You replied, blush growing darker.
Jasper looked away and shook her head. "Nothing."

"There they are!" One of the rubies exclaimed, pointing at Jasper's tall frame. Another looked at you, looking up and down. "Some gem, she looks hideous!" The rubies cackled and activated their limb-enhancers. You frowned.

Jasper attempted to grab her destabilizer, but she realized it was broken. She said some profanities quietly before she just walked up to the rubies. One of them aimed her floating fingers at her, a small ray beginning to form.

Jasper raised her hands up in the air. "Hey, don't shoot me. We just want to team with you."

"Team...?" The ruby with a shoulder gem exclaimed. "Well, we could use some better defense..." the rubies looked at each other and whispered some stuff.

You looked nervously at Jasper, but she gave you a small mischievous smile, indicating something. As the rubies chatted, she grabbed one of their waists and smushed her sides together, poofing her.

The other two rubies gasped and began firing their laser at Jasper, but she lunged. out of the way. You took cover behind a tall stalagmite. Suddenly, the rocky column of safety crumbled into pebbles, blown up by a Ruby's laser. You yelped and summoned your weapon, holding it in front of you for defense.

A ruby had jumped on Jasper, pinning her to the floor of the cave with her strong limb enhancers. They tumbled and rolled around until Jasper managed to hold the Ruby against the ground.

The other ruby was running at Jasper with a destabilizer in hand. "RAAAAAH!" She cried out. 'Don't stand there, get a grip!' You yelled at yourself. "Oh, yeah. JASPER! WATCH OUT!" You yelled.

"Huh?" Jasper turned her head towards you, but she still didn't see the Ruby. Before the destabilizer could even touch her body, you had thrown your weapon at the Ruby, at it managed to go straight through her stomach. She looked down and grumbled, "Oh fu—" before she poofed. You sighed and picked her gem up before you summoned a bubble around it.

Jasper had grabbed a destabilizer laying on the ground and zapped the last Ruby. She yelled in protest, but her screaming was silenced with a soft poof.

Jasper stood up and bubbled the gems with a loud sigh. Unsure what to do with the bubbles, you both left them in the cave and walked outside. By now, the sun had began to set, a soft pinkish-orange color forming in the sky.

"Uh, thanks." Jasper said sternly.

You looked up at her. "For what?"

"Poofing one of those rubies. You didn't have to do that, though."

"Why not? You would've poofed, and with two rubies after me, I'd likely be poofed as well."

"...You're right about that." Jasper chuckled softly.

You nodded and looked up at the sky, a bright star sticking out in the now purple-ish sky. "Hey Jasper?"

"Hm?"

"You see that star?"

"Yes."

"It's Homeworld."

"It is."

"Should we find shelter for the night? I heard organic creatures can be dangerous."

"You know that I can kill 'em off. With you by my side, we're unstoppable." She smiled down at you.

You smiled back and looked back up at the sky. Jasper had taken a seat by the shore, and she was feeling the sand. You sat nearby, picking at some seashells.

Everything was alright.