13

"Crystal... gems?" You uttered silently, eyes slowly widening.

"Yeah... you're in our temple!" Steven smiled nervously, and stood closer to Connie. "Something wrong...?"

__________________

You stood atop a large hill. The air was dark and filled with cries of other gem soldiers, causing you to shiver and clutch your weapon tighter.

As you took the time to examine the view around you, a loud crack noise was heard. All gems turned their gaze to the hilltop you stood upon. You hesitantly turned around and held your (W/C) {{weapon choice}} high in the air, ready to smack something, even if your weapon wasn't built for that task.

A massive woman, taller than a multiple quartz fusion, stood above you. Her curvaceous body was adorned with white and pale pink cloths, the skirt more transparent than the top. Her long, pastel locks were billowing in the wind, and  her glowing magenta eyes... they haunted you. In four out of six hands, she held a weapon: Two spears, a shield, and a singular gauntlet. Her chocolate-ty skin was shining with perspiration, and the mask upon her forehead had strangely lifted upwards... revealing a slimy, snake-like tongue and sharp fangs. She looked exhausted. Her gems were glowing, a sign of possible weakness; But, she didn't unfuse.

 Her gems were glowing, a sign of possible weakness; But, she didn't unfuse

It was Obsidian, the biggest Crystal Gem Fusion by far.

You cowered before her. Her eyes searched yours for a brief moment before she was attached by a minor ruby fusion and some weak jaspers. She sighed heavily, the mouth on her forehead growling lowly, before she began to fight them.

A soldier knocked you backwards. You were paralyzed by this giant's beauty and strength, yet you knew she was the enemy.

A reminder flashed before you: you were the weakest in your facet. You didn't want to return to the drop ship with your fellow facet members teasing you again. It angered you, and you liked it.

With a loud war cry -followed by an attempted roar-, you charged at the massive woman. Your friend -also located in your facet, she was an Ametrine with wonderful capabilities as a soldier- was already attacking her legs, hoping to get her to collapse with her gigantic war axe that shines violet with a layer of gold over it. Ametrine was a large soldier, about half the size of Obsidian. She was so large, they had a drop ship designed specifically for gems like her.

You both became friends, nicknamed by the humans as an 'Elephant and Mouse' pairing. It was because of your size compared to hers, and your weapons that you both bonded. Like best friends would, you'd chat together, fight together, and serve the same Diamond together. Rarely, you'd both sneak off to go mess with around with human's at Pink's zoo, or fuse... it was only once, though.

Ametrine caught a glimpse of you fighting, and she smiled. You smiled back, until the smile faltered. Obsidian had knocked Ametrine backwards, causing her to collapse on top of  a poor a Crystal Gem.