5

You could feel the wind again as a bright (G/C) grew around you. The feeling of freedom from your gemstone was so refreshing, and you decided to change it up by adding a small cloak.

You fell to the sandy Earth, enjoying the feel of the ground. "I-I'm Okay..." You stuttered, still slightly shocked from earlier.

Memories rushed back to you, and you sat up and brushed stray hairs away from your eyes.

Panic set in when you saw the destroyed ship, fingers and palm cracked and falling apart. "Oh my..."
A loud grunting noise came from somewhere near the wreck, and you got up and ran over to investigate.

Jasper was laying on the shore of the beach, a giant chunk of the ship on top of her torso. Laying belly up, she groaned as she managed to push the big piece of rubble off of her. She turned her head as she heard your footsteps come closer.

"Hey, you! Uh, Y/N!" She called out to you. "Come here! Help get this junk off of me!" You nodded silently, some thoughts piecing together a simple sentence, "Should I trust her?"

You began pushing the rubble off her anyways, knowing that abandoning an important Jasper would ruin your chances of friendship with her, and it may most likely have future consequences.

After a while of struggling, both of you managed to push the rubble off. Jasper got up quickly and dusted herself off before she examined her arms and chest for cuts and scrapes. You just stood there silently, trying not to look at her.

"Hey, Thanks." Jasper said quietly. She looked down at you. You looked up at her as a soft blush crossed your face. There was an awkward pause before you snapped back to reality and laughed nervously. "I-uh, you're welcome!"

Jasper raised an eyebrow and went to dig around in the rubble while you turned away, nervously sweating. "Why do I feel like this..? This is an important soldier, stop acting like a fool!" Your conscious screamed at you.

You took a deep breath and turned back around to see Jasper throwing random pieces of scrap metal. "ARGH!" She yelled. "Where's That Peridot and Lapis?!"

You remembered those gems, the ones that had been on the ship with you before the crash. They were in a whole other wing of the ship, and that part was missing...

Jasper had retrieved her cloak and her destabilizer, but the other two gems were still missing. "Jasper!" You called out to her. "I think they're somewhere else along this coastline. Their wing isn't here!"

"Even worse, the only two people that can get us out of there are gone," she yelled at the ground.

"I'm useful, ya know! I can use my... uh..." you thought for a moment. "Never mind, I only have my weapon!" You said as you summoned your powerful W/C (weapon of choice) from your gem.

"That isn't gonna do nothing, this damned area isn't marked as important on the maps!" Jasper groaned again as she clipped her cape back on. "That's it, lets explore the coastline. We've got a week before Yellow Diamond wants us. We just need that Peridot, and we'll be fine," She grumbled as she begin to walk away from the ship.

"Oh, now? Alright." You said as you ran up to her. It was awkward walking beside a known and powerful Jasper, especially when you're known as a sort of low-class gem. Well, compared to the rank of this Jasper.

"Hey, look! That's where the noise came from!" A squeaky voice called out.

Jasper eyes widened, and she immediately grabbed your arm. You jumped a little as she began to drag you to a dark cave surrounded by weeds and dunes of sand. "H-hey!" You managed to tug your arm away in protest just as you both made it inside the cave. "Shut up!" Jasper hissed in your ear as she hid behind a pillar of rock.

"They're here, stay quiet!" She instructed in a whisper.