⊰16⊱

💫

Acacia/Ciarán - Age 12

The winter solstice council meeting has commenced.

It was only a few days after Mercury's 'apology' that the council members all arrived. Ciarán is still in his room while Marcus is playing in the living room, the new screen for the fireplace keeping him away and safe. I'm very thankful that Delaney and Mercury have decided to stay home, more than likely due to Ciarán's confinement she discouraged anything to escalate.

I'm nervous...

...I'm waiting for the meeting to end, though they haven't even gotten to a short recess yet. When they do though, the doors to the council chamber open and I see the beautiful faerie Nyx flutter out. She sees me as I stand off to the side in the hallway while she smiles and waves at me. A small smile forms at the corners of my lips before she flies toward the kitchen.

I learned that although faeries don't eat a lot...they eat quite often due to their high metabolism and the magic they use them. They're so fascinating, and Nyx said that she'd love for me to meet her 'princess' sister. She's older, but doesn't want to take over ruling for her mother and would rather be part of a world solution with a seat on the council.

She's remarkable, and I hope mama and daddies will let me go and visit the faeries sometime. With everything going on, it hasn't come up casually in conversation. Right now though, it's not the faeries I want to find security within...I need family.

"You," is all I hear from another, turning my gaze away from where I'd followed Nyx's presence. My eyes widen the second I see Aspen standing a few feet away from me; her eyes narrowed while she regards me darkly for a moment.

"Me?" I ask while searching her opalescent eyes.

Aspen shifts her stance and crosses her arms beneath her breasts before she notes, "One of my daughters, Sinéad mentioned that she saw the famous Valentine twins...though," I see her eyes spark with a sideways glance, "...my eldest Niamh said that you were unfortunate enough to walk into the ocean when you shouldn't have a few years ago."

What?

"I didn't mean to," my voice is quiet as she continues to stare at me with penetrating eyes.

Aspen shakes her head and sighs, "You shouldn't play with dangerous waves...the ocean is unforgiving," she warns me, and I can't help but furrow my brows while I hear a throat being cleared.

His eyes meet with mine, two amethyst irises staring into mine when he walks up next to Aspen and says, "I believe that you were going?"

"Don't presume to know anything," Aspen scoffs at Lars before she shoots him a glare, walking down the hallway as I see the way she clutches the amulet around her neck, the one that allows her to walk upon the land.

Niamh? Was she watching me when that happened?

Lars turns his attention onto me, and just as he parts his lips, daddy strides toward us while stating, "I told you to stay away from my children," the anger is clear in his features. Lars turns to him just as daddy also eyes me and snaps, "I believe I told you to stay away from Lars as well..."

He's never going to let me in and understand...

"Daddy, I-"

"I was just being friendly and saying hello like the rest of the council," Lars chuckles while I see something spark differently behind his eyes. He shrugs his shoulders and states, "Have it your way because apparently, you'd rather I appear rude and cold..."

He wants to offer me, someone, I can talk to...like the times I get with those who will listen.

Daddy narrows his eyes and says, "Don't make me out to be the villain here."