⊰88⊱

💫

Acacia/Ciarán - Age 18

"I can't...I can't hurt her..." Taron shakes his head, the look in his eyes telling me so many emotions that he holds locked away.

Lailoken chuckles and releases my hand, "I expected this much of you," he pauses and moves forward a step, Alpha Chris and Luna Lyla readying to defend their son, "you see...Acacia and I share the same mates...sure, she's too kind to reject someone...but I'm not." Taron takes a hesitant step away while Lailoken comes to a halt and states, "If I reject you, I speak on both of our behalfs because our souls must exist with balance and I won't let the toxicity plague us."

"But I-...it's not...I don't have more than one mate..." Taron is uneasy and in the blink of an eye, Lailoken moves faster than the rest of the pack can perceive.

I inhale sharply as he stands before Taron, Lailoken cupping his cheek while Taron exhales sharply. What I don't expect, is the way Taron eases into Lailoken's touch, the rest of the Crusaders Pack taken aback by Lailoken's bold actions.

Lailoken murmurs to him, "If you're not my mate, then why do you feel this connection?"

"I..."

I've never seen Taron so vulnerable...

...and now I see why Lailoken wanted me to remain and wall and strong, not letting Taron in until he's accepted myself and Lailoken.

"T-Taron?" Luna Lyla covers a hand over her mouth, looking to Alpha Chris for reassurance, for something to calm her mind that is racing with a million questions.

When his mom speaks, Taron's eyelids blink rapidly as he tries to fight the pull between the two of them. He takes a step back as I see the animalistic teeth, his claws before he snaps, "I won't hurt Acacia again!"

"You haven't stopped!" Lailoken snarls back, his eyes furious as he takes a step away from Taron. He tilts his head to the side and chuckles, "Bring out your wolf because I'm going to put you in your place."

"Dad?!" Taron glances to his dad, my eyes traveling to Alpha Chris.

Everyone is looking to their alpha, wondering how much more of this he'll allow before he's had enough and decides to act aggressively to us. He doesn't though and when Alpha Chris says firmly, "You've made all the wrong choices and now you must accept the consequences your actions have brought you," he pauses as his eyes find mine and he nods, "do right by your mate and end her suffering for you...one way or another. I agree with Alpha Lailoken."

"Look at that," Lailoken smirks, "I have your daddy's permission to beat your ass into submission unless you decide to man up and make your choice...now."

Taron isn't in control any longer...

...and my wolfie only holds hurt and betrayal, nothing more. There's something holding him to that aggression and it shows when Taron shifts from skin to fur right out of his clothes.

The very first thing that Lailoken does...

...he turns his back on my wolfie, crossing his arms in front of his chest as his eyes meet mine.

Taron's wolf is livid at the disrespect and disregard that he could easily overtake Lailoken for such a weak move. It isn't though, it shows how strong Lailoken is even put in the weakest of positions...because the second Taron's wolf lunges for Lailoken, he whips around and punches him head-on in the muzzle.

Taron's wolf cries, whimpering as he's sent spiraling hard to the ground. While Taron's wolf is attempting to recover, watching the way he shakes his head and regards his surroundings, Lailoken casually strips out of his clothing. He sets it down neatly on the ground, rolling his shoulders back before fur replaces skin and he receives many comments about his wolf.