⊰69⊱

💫

Acacia/Ciarán - Age 16

I've...

...never seen Taron so angry and hurt.

I've never seen him cry out of complete frustration and desperation.

But I do...

It's not just him though, some of the other pack members shift their regards to me in a different manner. Them holding onto some hope I could ever one day be their luna...it's shattered the second they come to realize that not only have I been marked by another, a vampire nonetheless.

"Taron-"

"Fuck!" He yells with such rage, startling me as I take a step backward. His eyes hold that same anger, especially the way I see his irises shift to a golden hue, reflecting that for once...his wolf shows the same pain and anguish...

...like betrayal.

Taron doesn't hesitate for another second, storming into the pack lodge without another word. My muscles are tense as I'm still reeling in shock, Jelena remaining by my side, though she asks me, "Why didn't you tell me?"

"It wasn't my choice..." my voice trails off as it's hardly above a whisper, a watery edge working its way into my tone.

I see the anger taking place as Alpha Chris states, "That pup is NOT my son's," he's pointing a harsh finger in the direction of Sophia as she jumps slightly.

Coen makes his move after what Taron had just said and argues, "Well, there's nothing that can be really done now...your son's mate is already claimed...yes, my daughter made a mistake...but she's still part of the original agreement."

"Coen!" Grandpa Keir is also livid as everything comes to light, "What the hell was your daughter thinking?!" He then turns his next question directly on Sophia and snarls, "WHO did you sleep with?!"

Sophia is stammering as she's putting on a hurt expression and I see the waterworks she can so easily turn on and off as she cries out, "I WAS RAPED!" She is sniffling and sobbing as she tries to become coherent explaining, "I was humiliated and embarrassed!"

What draws my attention, is the way that Coen reacts to what his daughter claims...

...there's hesitation, a give in his features.

Sophia is lying...

...and he knows it.

What hurts even more, if Sophia truly is claiming what happened to her and she's lying about it...it makes me feel even worse because I'd actually been through that...

Even the way Sophia continues to defend herself, I see all those little signs that I'd learned when she'd opened up and let me in...when we'd gone to scale up the cliff face. Everything...everything I discerned from her...she's lying...straight to my grandpa and Alpha Chris' faces.

"This is Taron's choice," Alpha Chris snaps right back at Sophia and states, "obviously...he'd rather have his true mate in light of recent information," now...now I'm the one to receive that icy glare when he directs the next sentence at me, "though...as she's been claimed by another, that option is off the table."

Finally, everything washes over me all at once, and I quickly make my way back inside the pack lodge and run straight up to my room. So...

...the rogue wolf...Sophia's mate?

Did she sleep with him when she was visiting with the Crusaders Pack?

And...she...

My hands ball into fists as the anger finally hits me all at once while I sit on my bed. I'm shaking my head in a fit of rage as I begin to realize and understand that Sophia is the reason why Taron and I are not together. If...if she hadn't...I would never have gone back and...