⊰57⊱

💫

Acacia/Ciarán - Age 16

The way his touch sets me on fire...its intensity drastically increases when his hands lift to grasp my upper arms. Exhaling sharply, his eyes continue to hold mine, though I give into his touch when he claims this time, "Mate."

Ridge breaks the tension when he says, "Psh," and waves his hand like it's nothing, "I knew it when you first met her."

"Confirmation is what was asked of me..." Taron's voice trails off, and I see the way his head tilts slightly toward the picnic tables. My gaze is drawn as well, seeing Grandpa Keir and Alpha Chris shake hands, my confusion continuing to wash right over me. When Taron brings his gaze back to meet with mine, he tells me, "If you will have me...Acacia, you are my mate and the alphas' agreement...it's changed. If you will have me, you become the representation of the Silent Stars Pack, our union...binding not only our two souls but that of our packs."

"Bu-...I-" I shake my head with confusion and say, "I'm not a werewolf," there's a hint of sadness in my tone, one I know Taron recognizes and that of Grandpa Keir approaching the two of us. The rest of our friends gather to their feet, moving away as even Alpha Chris trails behind my grandpa.

Grandpa Keir is the one to speak and tells me, "You may not be a werewolf, though you very well could be a dormant one or a half-breed..."

"Even then," Alpha Chris also enters into the discussion, "there's nothing wrong with my son having a human for a mate," he pauses a moment while acknowledging Grandpa Keir, "you're every bit the part to become luna of two packs merging together, then any other she-wolf I've come across," he then glances at Taron and states boldly, "my son is lucky to have a mate such as you, Acacia Arin-Valentine."

"I..." my gaze drifts away from them both, finding Taron's eyes once again. I'm his mate...I feel the difference and even when he shifts his hands, away from me, dropping his arms to his sides as he waits for an answer...I feel that tug that wants and needs to be close to him.

Is it selfish of me to want this?

To want to be with Taron?

That...Grandpa Keir and Alpha Chris are entirely okay with this choice...

...for once, I have a choice. For me to decide what I want and for once...I know what I want, without a single doubt in the world.

Taron.

He wants me, for me.

With a slight nod of my head, a small smile making its way to my lips, I reach out and wrap my arms around Taron's neck. His strong arms immediately wrapped around my waist, pulling me tighter against him...the way my skin lights on fire when we touch; I don't want ever to let this go.

What I don't expect...

...everyone is on their feet and clapping.

From both packs, Taron and I glance back to the party that had all but come to a standstill the second Taron stated his claim. They are all cheering, and I don't think I've ever seen so many Crusaders Pack members smiling the way they do, some whistling while others are ready to cut my birthday cake for not only what represents my birthday, but a celebration of the packs seeing the final decision about the merger made right before their eyes.

When it's safe for them, even our friends charge at us and warp us into a group hug, Marcus trying to squeeze in between them all. The laughter and cheering is something that feels very surreal, and when Marcus finally makes his way between us all, he looks up at me and smiles, but points up at Taron and states, "My Cacia!"