Chapter 5: Repeat

CHAPTER 5: Repeat

Sam was the first to find her voice, "Well, Mel? Care to explain why Katie Daria just showed up at our table and started accusing you of something?"

"I honnestly don't know," replied Mel. Everyone at our table looked at her and then started talking all at once. The gist of it being 'What the hell? How can you NOT know? What are you hiding?!'. Mel just looked at us helplessly. She really doesn't know, I realized. Or she's a great actress, both equally plausable. Tom was the one to stop our talking, "Guys, GUYS! C'mon, how is Mel supossed to tell us anything when we're all yelling at her? Mel, do you have a response or would you like some space?"

"Uh, space. Guys, I really don't know anything, Katie just scared the hell out of me right then,"

"Ok Mel," said Sam, "You can have some space right now..." I could tell Sam thought Mel was hiding something. Katie really had ruined lunch. Our conversations carried on awkwardly and strained. I allowed myself to zone out and start thinking. What did Katie want and what did she think Mel did? No doubt rumors would be zooming around this school. Everyone saw Katie sit with us, heard Katie start screaming at Mel and saw her storm away angrily. As much as I tried to concentrate on the problem at hand, my mind looped back to my dream. All of a sudden I saw it repeat, but this time, it was different. I saw the first bit that I couldn't remember. two people fighting. One was clearly incompetent with the sword he was holding while the other was laughing and clearly knew exactly what he was doing. I saw a flash of someone's face, female but I couldn't tell anything else from that glimpse. My head snapped forward all of a sudden and the dream disappeared. Mel was looking at me, a little scared. It was just her and some last lingerers in the lunch room. "Faye, are you ok?" Mel asked, her eyes wide.

"Yeah, what happened?" I asked

"You- you well, you, jumped, then you started to scream, but it wasn't like a normal scream, it was different but quiet enough I was the only one who heard but it sounded like it should of been screamed and then your head snapped forwards and then your eyes opened but they were all glassy for a second before you blinked and it went away," Mel bit her lip and looked at me again, "Are you ok?"

"Mel, I'm sorry, I don't know what happened," I tried to think of a logical response, "I'm fine, don't worry. We should really head out to our next class," Mel just nodded and we walked to our next class, phisics. Luckily we had it together. I walked through the rest of the day in a daze. I don't really remember what I did. I know Mel asked me again what happened and if I was ok at the end of class. Eventually I found myself at home with my sketch pad and a drawing of the two men fighting on it. I was scared all of a sudden. I don't remember drawing that. My dreams have never repeated. What does it all mean?

**********************************************************************************************

Picture of Mel ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------>

Comment & vote, please!

-JM