Chapter 39: Lockets, Sisters & Daughters

CHAPTER 39: Lockets, Sister & Daughters

You know your life is really and truly fucked up when your boyfriend's dad was in love with your grandmother and now wants to rape you.

I mean, there were probably a few signs before that but I guess I just didn't pick up on them.

After spending a really long time trying to get my other hand out of the handcuff and not succeeding, my thoughts had no where else to go so they went to my really awkward/ gross/ disgusting/ I-could-go-on-but-I-won't conversation with Serquin. If one good thing had come out of that conversation its that, now I know that Serquin is even more insane then I previously thought. That, and they weren't kidding about the whole will-drink-my-blood-overly-vampiric thing.

Because my right hand was basically attached to the wall I used my left hand to lift my necklace to where I could see it.

Why had this and my tattoo glowed?

While the necklace had been Alyssa's and therefore is possibly magic, my tattoo was from some shady guy who I highly doubted did more exciting other then give tattoos.

As I looked at the necklace I had a moment of shock. In the space next to the moon made out of vines there was something new. Black, it was burned into the silver. A rose. The same rose that happened to be on my wrist. I looked at my wrist that was encased in metal. I couldn't see where it was inked into my skin but I knew it was there. It was still scorched and I could feel how much hotter the skin there was by how much it stung, much like when it was still fresh.

Ok, so how does the symbol connect back to all of this and how did it save me?

My thoughts were interrupted as Demetri's voice broke into my head sounding far away. Are you ok?

Yeah, I'm fine, why do you sound so far away?

Because I'm not exactly on the inside anymore,

What happened? I asked him. He wasn't forth coming with a reply so I pushed into his head. A punch hitting Serquin's nose was right there. Demetri!

Yes?

Why'd you do that?!

A: he wants to rape you,

B: he deserved it

C: he's an asshole

D: he tried to get your blood

E: HE WANTS TO RAPE YOU!!

It couldn't have waited? I couldn't help but notice the over-protectiveness in Demetri's voice. Actually, considering the fact that we were dealing with a potential rapist maybe it was necessary

No, no it couldn't have, it was my onus. What happened at that end part in your cell? I can only read your thoughts and they were something along the lines of, "What the hell just happened?"

Do you know if my grandmother had a magical locket/necklace?

Yeah, why? Wait. You don't have it, do you?

I do, why?

Shit, I'll explain later, for now keep it hidden,

Too late...

What?

When Serquin was trying to take blood it lit up and was glowing, then it made his knife fly away and he left.

That explains why I punched him so easily, I'm getting you out of there as soon as I can, DON'T GET YOURSELF KILLED.

It's not like I'm trying or anything.