Chapter 11: Him

CHAPTER 11: Him

Two weeks passed after Sam's confession. She rarely burst out again after that, but when she did Mel or I always pulled her aside and managed to talk to her and calm her down.

In that two weeks my dreams randomly repeated. It cycled between the two without a clear pattern. Despite the fact that it was only the two, it might've been less terrifying, if not for the nights when I woke up at the time of my usual nightmares with only a sense of impending blackness as my dream.

The endless colorless was like an unlit tunnel that never ended nor did it ever begin. It seemed like I was stumbling around a darkened room or endless labyrinth that had so many traps and trapdoors that getting to the middle was impossible, leaving me to continue stumbling forever.

Also in those weeks Mel was verbally assaulted by Katie almost every day. But Mel never went to the principal, she didn't know what to tell him "Principal Ken, Katie keeps accusing me of something."

"Of what?"

"I don't know." I'm sure that would go over great. The only good part about Katie showing up happened when I realized she only ever came after Mel is Sam wasn't there. Didn't want to be called a bitch again, I assume. Still, funny.

Today is Saturday. For most people, Saturday means sleeping in, doing nothing, relaxing. Not me. I, of course, still wake up at two am. When I woke up, the only image I could conjure up from my dreams was the darkness and endlessness of the color black.

 At around 6:35 I got up and pulled on some sweats so I could go running I went down stairs to get a bottle of water, I planned to run to school and back, about six miles, round-trip.

I picked my water bottle up off the counter, turned around, and managed to scream and drop the water bottle all at once.

A man was standing in the kitchen. Tall and balding, with grey hair. Cold machine blue eyes and a smile that spoke of torture. "Who-who-?" I stuttered and cursed myself for it. He laughed coldly.

"I assume you mean, who am I? Young little Faye, I've been watching you." He said this like it was completely normal to be stalking someone. He also said it coldly but I'm pretty sure he didn't have another way of speaking.

"Watching me?" I asked, my voice trembled. "First of all, that's incredibly creepy, second of all who are you?" My voice gained strength as I spoke.

"For now, all you need to know is that we will meet again." His eyes glinted as he spoke and I shivered involuntarily.

"Why?" I repeated, but this time meaning, why will we meet again?

"I knew your grandmother, you look like her." He continued calmly.

"What does that have to do with anything?!" I asked, then as an after thought. "Do you know she's dead?"

"Oh, it has to do with everything," he said, then he smiled wickedly, "I was the one who killed her." I was shocked into silence, that had not been what I was expecting. I racked my mind for the right words.

"Why?" Gee, great response. "Why did you kill her?"

"You'll find out next time we meet."

"Are you planning on killing me too?" I asked sarcastically, only to realize, that may very well be what he was planning.

"You're the last one, I can't afford to kill you." He said, a little sadistically.

"What do you mean I'm the last one? The last what?" I asked, this seemed to amuse him.

"You'll find out." I was getting really tired of that response.

"You're-You're insane!" I said.

"I am not." He answered. "Good-bye."

"What?!" I said but he didn't answer as he literally faded from sight, like the Cheshire cat from Alice in Wonderland.

I'm glad my family is made up of heavy sleepers, if they had heard me scream they would've thought me insane. What did that man want? Why did he kill my grandmother? I stumbled blindly up to my room.

I didn't go on a walk that morning. I got back into bed and tried not to scream. I was officially terrified.

*************************************************************

Hey guys! What did you think of The Man? Why did he kill Faye's grandmother? Was he even real or was he just another hallucination? This may be my last update for a week, I'll try to squeeze in one more but I'm going to camp!

Comment, vote & KEEP READING! If you like "Dreams or Reality?" tell other people! Thanks for reading!

-Jodi