Chapter 4

Danny's first time witnessing an akuma attack was almost three weeks after his arrival.

He looked out the window from his seat in class. The villain was dressed comically and acted like any villain would. Shouting out his name and purpose to the whole of Paris.

Danny kinda missed the speech because of his yawning.

He saw the two superheroes swing in and start fighting the villain with impressive skill.

Danny glanced at the teacher to see her more tense than usual and trying her best to ignore the fighting outside.

The blue eyed teen leaned over to Alix and whispered: "Shouldn't we get free period at least until the attack is over?"

Alix shook her head. "If we did that, we might as well not come to school at all."

"It happens so much huh."

Alix frowned at him with narrowed eyes. "You're not from here, are you?"

Danny grinned. "What gave it away? The accent? The good looks?"

"The lack of knowledge." She retorted and he pouted. She rolled her eyes and turned her eyes back to the board.

He noticed how tense she was too. In fact, Danny was the most laid back guy in the class at the moment. Even Nino didn't talk as much as usual. That was probably because Adrien was gone so he didn't have anyone to talk to.

Danny averted his eyes back to the battle to see the leather dressed superhero be thrown into a building. Danny flinched, he knew first hand how that felt. The building crumpled under him and got a lot of damage but the hero didn't dwell much on it and jumped right back in. Danny frowned, these heroes should be much more careful with the property damage.

The three rounded a corner and out of sight. A little while later there was a big flash and a swarm of ladybugs flew around the city and Danny watched open mouthed as all the damage was repaired.

He blinked to make sure it was real and it was. Everything was just like how it was before.

Man....he wished he could do that too.

Marinette came in, panting. "I'm sorry it took so long, Miss."

"It's alright, Marinette. Take a seat." The teacher wrung her hands together. "Did you see Alya by any chance?"

Marinette nodded as she sat down. "I think she went to film it."

The teacher sighed in exasperation. Apparently this happened a lot too.

Danny frowned. He did not appreciate civilians walking in on dangerous battles, especially not for something as stupid as filming for a blog. He had to admire her bravery though.

Alya ran in grinning like crazy into her phone. Adrien right behind her.

They sat down and the class continued.

It was lunch and Danny was sitting down with Kim and Ivan. He glanced up and saw that redhead sitting down on a bench and taking out his notebook.

Danny smiled. Now was his chance. He stood up and excused himself from the table.

He approached the bench and waved. "Hey Nathaniel."

The other quickly closed his notebook and looked a little shocked that the kid knew his name since they hadn't really talked before. He smiled uncertainly. "Hey?"

"Can I sit?" Danny pointed and sat down when Nathaniel nodded hesitantly. 

"So I noticed you draw." Danny saw him immediately stiffen and he held up his hands. "Calm down. I just wanted to ask you if I could see?"

Nathaniel shook his head. "No. Why."

Danny grinned and took out his own notebook. He opened it. "I have some sketches of my own and wanted to talk to someone else who also likes to draw. Maybe we could exchange tips or something and I was curious about your style."

Nathaniel blinked as the black haired kid rambled on and shoved a sketchbook in his face. He grabbed it and his eyes widened looking at the pictures. He flipped through some pages. There were many kinds of drawings. Animals, humans, even backgrounds. The perspective was pretty good and the kid was amazing with anatomy, although they were more animation like than real.

It took awhile for him to realize the kid was still talking.

"-not that great but if you could just help me out I could get better."

Nathaniel looked at him through the top of the book. "These are really good."

"Really?" The teen smiled. "Thanks."

Nathaniel put it on his lap and pointed. "It would be better if you made the head a little smaller and the hairline a little lower. The forehead is too big. Do you draw with skeleton or not?"

Danny shook his head. "Just straight on. I don't know how to draw with skeleton. Is that necessary?"

Nathaniel shook his head. "If you're an experienced enough artist and know the anatomy it's better if you leave that out."

So Danny and Nathaniel spent lunch talking and exchanging tips. Danny finally got to see the other kid's drawings and he fawned over them. They were much more realistic and in detail than his.

Danny noticed Nathaniel was a little happier after lunch.

He grinned. A little while ago he had made it his personal goal to make everyone in this school less tense and more at ease. He had no idea how to do that but it was working so far. It could get pretty awkward.

Danny experienced first hand the climax of the tension when he was having an argument with Kim about something or other.

He frowned at the bigger kid. "Don't be such a baby, Kim. It wasn't that bad."

Kim crossed his arms. "You're the baby, shorty. Just because you're new doesn't mean you get to boss us around."

It was true. Danny was pretty short. But his growth spurt had begun a week ago so he knew that wouldn't stay like that for too long if his dad was anything to go by.

Danny clenched his fists. Who did this guy think he is.

Suddenly Mylene grabbed his shoulder and he directed his scowl towards her, making her flinch. "Danny, please calm down," she stuttered.

Danny's scowl lessened at her frightened form. He knew how emotional she could be and he didn't want to upset her.

But he wasn't expecting Kim to suddenly blink as if he just realized what he said. "Oh. No I didn't mean it like that, Danny. I- you. I'm sorry you're actually really tall and it.."

Danny blinked in utter confusion. What was it with this guy suddenly. All his anger melted away to confusion as Kim basically begged him to forgive him. "Kim calm down. You're freaking me out."

Kim did shut up but continued to wring his hands together.

Danny put his hand on the other's shoulder. "Are you ok, dude?"

The bigger boy relaxed immensely and let out a sigh of relief. "Thanks. Sorry for making you mad."

Danny shook his head. "It's cool bro. You're right, I'm short. Just you wait. I'll be passing you next year." He grinned.

Kim nodded but didn't quip back like usual. He just smiled.

You guys probably realize whats going on..... Or do you