Chapter 20

Luka made her way to the school library after the last class, she was determined to catch up on the things she had missed in the last month. She planned to ask her teachers if she could retake the exams she had done, but her results had started to improve, her last history test she had jumped from just over a pass to 84 percent, it was a steady upcrawl to reach where she had been.

Her new tutor was a great help, although she didn't want to admit it. She had guessed Levi would be condensing towards her, she had fallen behind him, she needed his help to gain back her stance on her education. Instead he was non judging and patient, he didn't ask her any questions about why she fell back so far, he didn't make any nasty comments when he saw her exam results, instead he calmly went through it with her, giving her tips and things to learn. She had appreciated it.

Levi was there when she walked in, his dark black hair visible from the front of the library. He chose a table at the very back, as he normally did. She sat across from him, and he set his copy of 'to kill a mocking bird' down, the novel they were studying for their finals. She had read it before and was glad that was their chosen novel this year.

"Have you read ahead?" She asked and he threw her a easy smile, but it didn't reach his eyes.

"I've read it three times."

She nodded, a smile gracing her lips.

"I've had this copy for years, there's a small thrifted book shop down by Dominic street, it's hidden on the inside, behind the launderette."

Luka's eyes lit up, "Bell's books?" She questioned. She had been there many times, it was full to the brim with books, completely strewn all over the place, there was no structure to the place, it was like delving into piles and piles of books.

"They sell old vinyls and CDs too, don't they?" She asked, remembering how Angie told her that Sebastian and Levi would swap vinyls.

His glossy green eyes shone, as he grinned. "That's where I get all my stuff."

She nodded in understanding, grabbing her copy books from her rugsack. She took out her exam and handed it to him.

"You jumped from 56 to 84, if you keep this up you're next one will be 112." He grinned, and she looked at him with a cheeky grin.

"Completely possible."

He returned her grin. "The people who do amazing things don't do it by asking if they're possible, they make the impossible possible." He sounded so excited when he said that, like a child who had first discovered how electricity worked.

"Well, next time I'll be aiming for 112."

He went through her exam quickly, pointing out a few things here and there, before he got to the last question.

"You got full marks here?" He questioned and she threw him a confused glance.

"Even I didn't get full marks here." He laughed, a carefree and relaxed laugh that set her at ease. She knew, two months ago if the roles were revered, her response would not be the same, it would irk her. For the first time she was glad to have him as her tutor, it was the first time she had ever gotten to know him, and he was very different from what she had thought.

"Yeah." She let out a dazed response and he gave her a confused expression, waving a hand over her eyes.

"You there?"

She gave a sheepish smile, "I'm just very surprised, you're completely different than what I had expected."

He frowned. "What do you mean?"