Chapter 27/ Never hurt you

Chapter 27

Seven days had passed since Jiraiya's visit. Honestly he was not surprised at the Hokage's decision. If Jiraiya had actually shown up he would have been amazed. Still, a small part of him was disappointed. Having found it in him to finally forgive his father he'd made the huge decision to grant the Hokage and Konoha one last chance. And all he'd asked was that they treat him the same way they treated all their ninja. If they had just been willing to extend him that much humanity…

But of course he'd known they would never do that. No, he was their tool, their weapon, and that was how they wanted it. He'd known it would end this way. After all, when had that damn village ever shown him any mercy? Now when the time came he would show them no mercy, and do it with a clean conscience and no doubts.

"What are you waiting for Uzumaki-san?" Kuyou asked. "Let's begin the training."

Naruto glanced over at the other person in the small clearing. "You know do we really need to do this right now?"

"You have something better to do with your time?" Kuyou asked dryly. "The Headmaster is still not returned so you cannot move forward with your investigation."

Naruto grumbled, that was true enough. Mizuki had disappeared. Both he and Kiria were simply gone. That left the Academy School Committee President Hokuto, who he still couldn't touch, as the only available suspect.

"You have achieved the three tail state now you must work towards the next step." Kuyou said.

"But does she have to be here watching me?" He whined.

Moka lifted an eyebrow. "You object to my presence Uzumaki Naruto?"

"Why do you have to be here for this?" Naruto asked her.

"Because I consider spending time with you more important than anything else," she said simply.

"But…"

"Yes?"

He looked embarrassed. "I don't want you to see this."

She was surprised. "Why not? I have seen you transform before."

"But… I hate the way I look when I change." He looked away from her. "I'm ugly."

"You certainly are," Kuyou agreed.

"Hey!"

"But you are, extremely ugly." Kuyou transformed into his final form. He was a slightly taller human like being; He had two fox like ears, pale white skin covered in bizarre markings, and four tails that were blazing white. "As you can see for yourself the ultimate form of a youkai kitsune is truly beautiful to behold! Even my secondary form is a magnificent sight that was worshipped by your kind. (Youkai kitsune have two monstrous forms, a fox made of elemental fire and a humanoid one.) The form you take is a bastardization of a true kitsune's final form and human." He made a face. "Personally I can think of nothing more repellant."

"Gee thanks." Naruto said.

"Do not concern yourself Uzumaki Naruto," Moka said. "You could never seem ugly to me, and besides," her lips seemed to twitch bit. "I rather like seeing you with red yes and fangs."

Her words made him blush a little. To try and hide it he looked from her back over to Kuyou. "So what is the point to me transforming without drawing the Kyuubi's power?"

Kuyou frowned. "Up until now you have actually done surprisingly well in gaining the Great Lord's power. However, from this point on you will find it markedly harder. The four tail state is an important tipping point. Up until now each increase in the number of tails has doubled your power. From this point forward your power will increase by a factor of ten. In other words the four tail state will be ten times more powerful that the three. And each new state will mean a similar leap in power. Until the final step, when you achieve nine tails you will become one thousand times more powerful than the eight tail state."