1: Steps

A/N: Please be nice! This is my first work, so sorry for any inadequacy or cut-offs. All fan art is allowed, and please tell me when you do make some! I'd love to see it. Anyway, to the chapter!

Test Tube's P.O.V:
I stared silently down at my notes, shuffling through each page. I continued running my fingers through the files, trying to figure out which experiment I wanted to revise. I had gone through them all so many times, I just wasn't sure what to do at this point. I had hit a roadblock in my scientific studies, and that was honestly the biggest jeebweezer I had ever encountered. Each one was so.. arbitrary. I mean sure, they had it's use, but none of it really mattered enough to not end up collecting dust on my shelves. It had become all so repetitive. I mean, sure, that was to be expected after some time, but fundamentals taught me that there was no such thing as a boring experiment. I'm starting to think that the people who wrote the fundamentals didn't know what exactly an experiment was.

My gaze slowly turned back to the file I had begun rummaging through. A research report that had begun reviewing Y-626. A concoction I had put together to divide the molecular structure of Yinyang in an attempt to make them two separate entities. It had proven successful, but with disastrous consequences. Subject 2, known formerly as Yang, managed to destroy anything in his path with brute strength, and ate a man alive. While Subject 1, known formerly as Yin, seemed to be just about your average wholesome object. While horrific, the damage was not very long lasting. The arena was repaired, and no one seemed to care about the fact that Dough had gone missing to gods know where. It was.. interesting to watch, to say the least. I looked over each vital I had managed to grab, and tilting the paper slightly to match my angle. A definite difference.

I set the page back down and sighed, crossing out the last few lines of the report with a scowl. Nothing. Nothing of use anyways. There would be no way for me to be able to get them back down here anyways. As twisted and stressful as it was, I liked seeing the consequences of my 'harmless' experiments. It was amazing to see how objects reacted to things under certain situations. Social experiments were one of my favorites to run. Everyone was always so.. different, even if they seemed similar in personality. Their reaction to stress, the adrenaline, it was fascinating to me. Sure, it made me feel like I was going to explode, but what is a momentum without recoil?

A flash of inspiration struck me, causing me to knock all of my files and notes off my desk. I frantically picked them back up, repeating the details of the idea in my head so that I wouldn't forget them. After a few minutes of meticulous organizing, I threw open my notebook and grabbed the nearest writing utensil. Pen, pencil, marker, didn't matter at this point. With a smile on my face I began writing down the bare details. An experiment where objects are stuck with nothing but eachother for an extended period of time. Would they grow closer? Drive eachother apart? Find a way to "escape"?  It was perfect. This was social science. Something that would be beneficial to all forms of anthropology and psychology. This was my step to contributing something everyone would be able to learn from. I held the 626 folder to my chest, quietly thanking it before slipping it back into the abyss of other recorded projects.

All it took was six hours, two notebooks, seven pens, and two highlighters to get everything planned out. I was ready.

I know just who to call.