23: She's not really there, is she?

Log Date: 1562. It seems my rat attempt was successful, and the subjects failed. But I didn't hit my aimed target. Don't get me wrong, 2-4 and I have nothing against each other. I just wanted to put them out of their misery. But instead it hit 3. Surprising. Hopefully they took after their late leader, and did some medical studies. Because they have what they need. They just need to learn to use it

Fan's P.O.V:

I'm not quite sure what time it is, but that certainly doesn't matter. What matters is my head and foot ache like crazy and I feel like I'm Marsh. I tried to sit up, when I did everything protested. I smacked back onto the ground and groaned, which caught Paintbrush's attention. "God Fan what happened to yo-" Then their eyes fell somewhere on my lower leg, probably where that Trash Mouse bit me. I heard their tone gain anxiety, which made me worried. "How do you feel right now?" They asked me slowly. I sighed and tried to roll over so I could at least see part of them. Nope. "I feel like Marsh in the body and Lightbulb in the head and foot" I groaned. "Did you really have to use that comparison?" They said. I could hear hurt in their voice. "Sorry, and yes, yes I did" "Welp I'm glad I listened to TT for once, because that rat got you sick." I sat up immediately, ignoring all the burning protest my body gave in return. "AM I GOING TO DIE?!" I screamed. Even my voice sounded in pain. I could see them a bit better, but not really. Nothing focused at all. They sighed and rolled their eyes. "Hopefully not. I can't handle seeing another dead corpse." I glance at the dead rat and snicker. "What about the rat? He's a dead corpse" Their face flushed. "OH MY GOD-" They took a deep breath and sighed. "Do you want to live or die? I'd say live" They stared  at me. Suddenly, my eyes focused, but not on them. A yellow outline, and an altered voice. "I'd listen to Painty if I were you"

Paintbrush's P.O.V:

I'm not sure what I said or did, but Fan just reached the third plane of existence. I shook him reluctantly, since I don't want "Rat Fever", but he remained foggy eyed and silent. I decided to look where he was staring. .......... Lightbulb's Corner. I look at him, then the corner, and back. Then I slapped him back to reality. "WAKE UP RAT BOY!" I yelled as I slapped. He snapped back. "Wha-Huh?! Where'd she go?" He asked quickly. "Where'd who do what?" I asked, trying to understand him. "She....lightbulb.... was behind you! I saw her and heard her and everything!" I studied him and sighed. "That's called Schizophrenia." "I swear she was there!" I remembered what Lightbulb had told me when I accused her of being insane. "Crazy people don't know they're crazy, so I'm perfectly sane" Fan doesn't think he's crazy. That makes him crazy.

I turned back to his foot. "Lets just medicate your dumb rat foot and get rid of your dumb rat fever." "Sounds good." He replied, then sudden his eyes dulled. I just stared."Lighty says use the second jar sitting in the box, along with the gauze and disinfectant." Lightbulb did know that stuff, but there is no way in this room I'm letting him call her Lighty. When he snapped back, I grasped him by the shoulder. "Don't. Ever. Call her Lighty." I growled, then turned to the box to get his stuff.

Fan's P.O.V:

I sat their boredly, part blind and still hot. Lightbulb was just sitting next to me, just as quiet. Suddenly she spoke. "Does Painty still hate me?" I looked in her direction. "The opposite. They're a literal mess without you. They miss you a lot and so do I"  I explained. She looked at my foot and the bite. "If Painty does this properly, that should leave in a few weeks, but It'll give you a mark." I sighed, relieved and disappointed. "So, how's Marsh and Apple?" I saw Lightbulb's somber expression change into a bright smile. "Ooh they're great! They forgave me and now we hang out with Bow on the weekends." I smiled at that. I had completely forgotten Bow was a ghost.  Then I remembered what Paintbrush had said earlier. I turned to look at her. "Are you real, or in my head?" Her expression dulled again.  "What do you want to believe? Because either way, you're right" I looked at my hands, then at her. "I don't know" I responded after what seemed like hours. Then she looked up. "Painty wants you. I better skedaddle. See ya later Flatface" Then I blinked and she was goner than a ghost.

Paintbrush's P.O.V:

I finally finished that Motherfreaking foot. It took around 2 hours just for the medication to dry, not to mention finding a way to cut the gauze. Fan better be glad he's alive and breathing, no matter what hell Twisted Tube has planned for us. I glance up and he's snapped back after me calling his name ten times. "Oh. Did you need something?" I rolled my eyes and snorted. "Just your foot. Give yourself a few days. If it's not better by then, you're screwed" His expression fell. Hey, I'm a blatant person. "O-Okay then.." He said, laying down. "I'm going to take a nap now, I have people to talk to" I just stares suspiciously at him. "Suuurrreee buddy. Goodnight I guess." "Goodnight Paintbrush" He responded, passing out.

I wish I could see what He could. I would give anything in the world to see Lightbulb again. But she's dead, so clearly one of us is crazy. I'm surprised I've stayed sane so far. I guess it's my realist demeanour? No clue. I glare up at the viewing window, but I notice Test Tube is asleep over some file work. I hope she's dying, because she's pale and a lot more tired. Let her die in her sleep for all I care. I'm just tired of having to deal with all of this. It's cost me my two best friends and a teammate. You'd have to be pure evil to just do this for fun. I submissively yawned, and flopped over. I didn't realize how tired I really am. I touch the chip and whisper quietly. "Goodnight Lighty"

I was so tired I didn't even hear the "G'night Painty" in response.

(Yaaayyy finished)