26: Clueless

Log Date 1565:
The infighting seems to continue. Subject 1 has certainly picked up an attitude from her absence. Subject 2 does still hold grave injuries, but we're working on it a step at a time. As for myself, God knows when I'll drop. But If I do, they have no way out. But that's besides the matter. I'm intrigued for what will happen to Subject 3. He's shown the least concerns down here. Surely, something must be bothering him.

Paintbrush P.O.V
A blurry haze wafted above me when I woke up, the air was stained with a sudden scent, or feeling to be precise.
I sat up and stared at the opposing corner, Fan was already awake and looked terribly tired while he was letting Lightbulb sleep on his shoulder. He was shivering so much it was a surprise to me that Lightbulb had slept through it.

"Uhh, so!!" I said, hating the awkward atmosphere between us. Fan looked at me.
"I-I told you!!" He replied, sharp anxiety in his voice. "She wouldn't want to of.. of been here!!"
Ignoring the slight feeling I should've stay silent, I jumped up and almost fell over.

"And what makes you think you know everything?" I snapped arrogantly. "How long have you known her? I doubt you've put up with her for seven years straight!!".
Even as I spoke I felt guilt squirm within me, I hadn't met her during Season 1 of Inanimate Insanity, I met her around the same time as Fan.
Maybe even later than him..

"You're right.." He sighed, half-heartedly, letting Lightbulb slip a little bit. Irrational and desperate to call him out again, I yelled.
"Of course I am!! Don't forget.. I know more than you ever will. It's been like that since the start, and that's how it's staying." Guilt made me want to throw up as I wanted so desperately to run away and not continue, but my angry domineer froze me in my place.
"Y-Yeah.." Fan responded genuinely, the prominent hurt in his eyes hurting more, "You're right.. I-I'm sorry.."
(MB/N : hELP MY HEART HURTS-)

Lightbulb's P.O.V
Annoyingly loud yells woke me up. Slowly, I opened my eyes, flinching at the unnaturally cold room temperature.

As I gazed around the room I realised that Fan and Paintbrush must've gotten into an argument, or something that caused the plainly obvious state of anger, guilt and contempt.
I tugged quietly on Fan's arm, cringing when I saw his dark, icy eyes turn their dull stare on me.
"Hey. Paper-boy. Everything good?" I asked, bracing myself for an explanation.
"Yup. Are you ok there?" Fan replied, obviously forcing his energy and enraging Paintbrush. Annoyed by his words, my stare became more intense.
"Yeah, because when you drop spaghetti onto a white carpet nobody notices." I replied scornfully, sitting up. "It's obvious that something has gone down. As your team captain I demand to know what happened." The tone in my voice must've done something because he started to shrink back, like he desperately wanted to avoid it.
I opened my mouth to snap at him, for a good cause of course, when Test tube opened the door. More anger bubbled inside me just from the sight of her.

"Subject 2." She said, her voice reflecting no emotion, "Let's go."
For once, I recognised the awful state Test tube was in, and couldn't give an anchovy if she dropped dead right now. Instead, an evilly happy smile flickered across my face.
Paintbrush, or Subject 2, murmured something probably negatively arrogant under their breath and left with Test tube. The door slid shut behind them.

"Good riddance-" I said sharply under my breath, then turned back to Fan.
The poor thing. I inspected Fan as he shivered, his tear only just healed up and his foot was slightly swollen. I grabbed his shoulders and shook him a bit.

"You can't actually be serious right now! You're a mess and Paintbrush clearly isn't helping you a bit." The realisation that Fan was in a terrible state hit me like a bat to the head, I shook it off. "Fan. Please. God, this place isn't helping you.. You're suffering emotionally and physically.."
Guilt kicked me in the back as I realised his eye, that brutal torture, that was my fault. If I had just kept my dumb hands to myself he would've been fine.. No. I don't need this right now. He needs me. I can come later.
"Listen. Whatever Paintbrush said earlier doesn't mean anything, they're just tired of suffering down here, like us. Not to mention Paintbrush would yell at a speck of dust being an inch 'outta place, arrogant idio-
Just please. Tell me what happened." I said confidently, standing up to show dominance.