Chapter 15: "Did she just curse at me in Spanish?!"

Log Date: 1554. It appears that punishment worked well on the two subjects. Hopefully now they'll-.....One moment. I just heard the elevator.

Apple's P.O.V:

Despite the committee telling me not to do it several times, I'm heading to the main site. I've got to find Marsh! She needs to come home, but Bow keeps telling me she can't. I'll show her who can't bring her home! Maybe I'll find the others, too. It feels so empty with hearing Paintbrush yell constantly. It was annoying sure, but comforting none the less. Whatever that means. I walk up to the vending machine. It's actually....pretty scary. I put some change into it, and press the button for a Dr. Fizz. Nothing. Then I press water. Still nothing. Is this thing broken or something? I press the buttons repeatedly, by now I'm tired of this thing. "Work you stupid-...woah!" I kicked it, and then this weird tubey sucked me up. I start screaming because I think this isn't what was supposed to have happened. I hit the ground. Hard. I get up, and look around. A weird lab lobby. Wait....isn't Test Tube a scientist? Wait....Scientist....Lab....Kidnapping..... Marsh has to be here! Test Tube is the Metal Kidnapper! No way!

I run quickly up the the elevator, and see a highlighted button. I read it aloud. "Ellen-gator to Vroom 21? That makes no...oh that says Elevator." I said, facepalming. I should've paid more attention to Marsh's lessons. I press the button, and it moves. It makes me feel kinda scared. No elevator music or anything....just the whirring of machines and flickering of lights. I shudder, wondering how Marsh can live like this. The second the elevator door open, I'm greeted by Test Tube. Seeing her makes me feel a wave of anger. I punch her backwards. "You physco! You kidnapped Marshmellow!" I yelled at her Angrily. I noticed I put a crack in her glass. She deserves it. "Yes, I did. Well now that you're here, you aren't leaving." She replied. "Well duh!" I yelled. "I need to get Marsh and the others out of here!" I saw her cringe and hold a grave expression, whatever that means. "Suure. Just follow me" Test Tube said dimly, grabbing my wrist tightly and leading my down the hallway. Man this place is spooky. It makes me want to just grab Marsh and get out of here. She led me to a door that had a gold plate on it that read "Room 21" below it, drippy red paint also read "Panic Attack". That paint is super scary. Test Tube unlocked the door, and pushed me inside. There in front of me sat Lightbulb crying numbly, Paintbrush looking up starting at me, and Fan trying to get himself to stop bleeding. He was ripped all the way down to his eye! I gag, and sit down. "Pretty sure you know her, this is Apple. She is a 'replacement' for Subject 4. I expect you to take good care of her" I tilt my head. Subject 4? Paintbrush gives me a look of pity, Lightbulb stares at me sadly, and Fan just keeps trying to keep himself together. Paintbrush walks over to me. "Welcome to Hell" They said flatly. I remember Marsh saying that word to me before in a not-so-nice manner, so I knew not to repeat it. "What's that?" I asked. Lightbulb spoke up this time. "A place of endless suffering and death with no escape." She said sadly, flopping over onto the ground. "Where's Marsh?"

Paintbrush's P.O.V:

I froze when I heard her ask that. Apparently, so did everyone else. Lightbulb sat up. "Well, who wants to tell her?" She asked bitterly. Fan stammered a reply. "C-Can't. Little busy right now" He said, pointing to his tear. "It's a lot harder with terrible depth perception" Lightbulb turned to me. "Well, I'm in no state to do it either. Looks like your going to have to, Paintbrush" She said sharply. I hate that's she's started calling me Paintbrush again, instead of Painty. It makes me concerned. I take a deep breath and turn to Apple. "Well Apple.....Marshmellow is gone. And she can't come back" I stated quietly. "Well why not?" She asked innocently. I cringe, hating that I have to tell her this. "Well....." I started, then Lightbulb spoke out of turn. "It's because she died" she said dully, plopping back onto the tile floor. When I turned back to Apple, she was tearing up. Clearly she knew what "dead" meant. "Well..." she sniffled "What happened to her?" Lightbulb turned over to stare at me. "Yes, you'd be the perfect person to answer that." She said. I said nothing. I couldn't tell her it was my fault. "Nothing? Really?! Fine!" Lightbulb replied. "Marshmellow caught on fire and burned to death." She said sharply, not looking at Apple, but at me. 

Apple's P.O.V:

Marsh is dead?! But she can't be dead, I haven't saved her yet! Now she's gone....I failed her! When I hear she burned to death, I was about to question it. But then I remembered...Paintbrush can catch on fire. I turn to them angrily. "You murderer! You killed her!" I charge them, and for once, I actually land a blow. Twice in one day, not too bad. But....I hit them in the face. Whoops. I see them begin to shake. "My fault?! MY FAULT?! IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I'M NOT THE ONE WHO GOT US TRAPPED DOWN HERE YOU DUMB FRUIT!" They screamed, sparks flying everywhere. Fan ran quickly to avoid them. Well, I'm dead. Literally. They lunged at me, punched me, when knocked me over. I hit a wall. I can tell I'm definitely bruised. I can here yelling coming from Lightbulb in front of me....and I can taste the sweet-sharp taste of my own juice in my mouth. Ugh.... I hate being a fruit. When I get back up, the room is spinning, and I hear something I've never heard before. A high shrilled scream. I look down, and notice a small grey patch where I'm standing. I'm standing where Marsh was....before she died. I slump down crying. I just wanted Marsh to come back home. I didn't want this. 

Fan's P.O.V:

"Now look what you've done guys!" I yelled to Lightbulb and Paintbrush. They were arguing over who's fault it was to get us stuck here. Don't they know it doesn't matter? I motion over to Apple, who is bruised, cut, and crying. They stop bickering and look at Apple. I see Paintbrush cringe and Lightbulb's eyes dull. "You know what?" Lightbulb said. "I'm done. I've had enough. I'm just going to sit in my corner and wait until I die" She said, walking over to her corner. "But you promised!" Yelled Paintbrush to her. "Bueno, no todos nosotros podemos cumplir nuestras promesas, Que te jodan." She replied harshly, then sat down. Paintbrush looked enraged and confused. "Did she just curse at me in Spanish?!" Both me and Apple shrugged. "I dunno, I only do Chinese, Japanese, and Korean. Don't do Spanish" I replied. "I don't know enough Spanish to tell you" Apple said. "Oh my- you know what, I don't care either" They said standing up and walking to their own corner. That just leaves me and Apple. She looks up sadly at me. "I-Is Marshy really gone forever?" I think really hard on that one. "Well...you'll see her again one day" I replied grimly. She didn't catch it, and her eyes light up. "Really?! When?!" She asked excitedly. "W-When....you die too" As I said that, I saw her face fall, and she just grabbed her knees. "How long until then?" She asked quietly. "I don't know" I answered honestly. Sometimes I wish I had all the answers, but now certainly isn't one of them.

Log Date: 1554.5 Apparently Subject 1 knows fluent Spanish. And how to curse in Spanish. Good to know, I guess. Apple has arrived, and is now subject 5. 5 and 2 got in a physical fight, which led to an arguement between 1 and 2, with 3 attempting to break them up. This ended out with Spanish cursing and a really ticked 2. 3 and 5 are bonding well, and everyone seems to have accepted the fact that they are trapped here. That's both good, and bad. Still useful for my studies though. Now 5 knows, so I won't have to explain.