27: Year

(THIS IS SO LATE IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE RELEASED ON HALLOWEEN IM SO SORRY YALL-)
Log Date 1566:
Today's the day I try something new. Today's a mental experiment day. Well more of mental and emotional experiment, but close enough. I'll be doing an... interview of sorts. See if I can find any weakness to work through or learn anything important. Oddly enough... I feel like I did. Don't get close...
Don't get close

Lightbulb's P.O.V
I jumped awake from the consistent prod I felt on my side, it's like no one could ever get a moment of peace in this place. I rolled over, grabbing whatever was poking me and dragging it to the floor, hearing a startled yell in response.
"Paintbrush?" I said, confused and concerned as I backed away from them.
Their expression was desperate and scared, so I let myself go and sat up-right.
"I-It's Fan!-" They whispered, their voice digging a pit of anxiety in my stomach.
"Ohh so now you care about Fan?!-"
"We don't have time to argue!!" Paintbrush snapped, unwanted understanding fluttered inside me. "I don't think he's... ok."

I was about to ask Paintbrush to let me see him when Paintbrush stood up and pointed to him. I gasped quickly and held my breath.
Then breathed out.
I grabbed Paintbrush's arm and threw it.
"You jeebweezer. He's just cold!" I sighed, hinting my anger from their ignorance in my tone.
"I..." Paintbrush opened their mouth to argue, but then took another look at Fan. Cold thoughts clouding their eyes.
"I'm sure nothing is wrong with him." I said, not mad anymore but just neutral. At least Paintbrush had shown some concern.
Paintbrush didn't talk after that, just leaned on a wall and stared at Fan. I decided to get up and actually communicate with Fan, just to make sure he is actually ok.

"Fan?" I approached him gingerly, trying to imagine how I'd do it before this whole lab thing took off, but my memories felt drained. "Paper-buddy? You alright there?"
As soon as I laid my hand on Fan's shoulder he stopped shivering like he had been before. Sharply, he turned around to face me. The sweet smile on his face half pleasing me and half concerning me.

"Lightbulb!!" He cheered, he sounded so happy I began to actually smile. "Look!! Look!!" He put his gentle hand onto mine, it felt softer than usual. His eyes sparked with a childlike happiness, it felt so... extraordinary.
"Look!! Look!! Look!!-" After a while that's all he was saying, I waited for him to show me something but that's all he did.
"Look at what, paper kid?" I chuckled, halfway through my laugh he just hugged me. It was so sudden I yelped, just a bit, and then hugged him back. I felt better.
Way better.

Test tube's P.O.V
I pressed my hand against the room 21 door, shaking still from the terrible fever that had been weighing down on me for almost two weeks now. My hand glided over Lightbulb's writing from, maybe a year ago? It stank the door up but hey, can't say it wasn't a nice touch.

Today was going to be, interesting.
I decided that today was the day I started testing the subjects, after a year or so surely they would have some interesting attributes. I wanted to start out small and just interview them separately, then the rest of the program will come in its own time.

I swung the door open and found myself startled. Paintbrush was neatly sitting on the floor, legs formerly crossed over each other, while Lightbulb and Fan were doing something childish in front of them. Lightbulb seemed, happy..? If happy was a word I'd ever use to describe Lightbulb after her recent attitude. And Fan... I don't think I've ever seen him so playful and childish. Constantly giggling and wearing the largest and sweetest smile I've seen in a long time. They didn't notice me come in.

"We could take it all the way to the moon!" Fan squealed enthusiastically, taking Lightbulb's hand in his and looking excitedly into her eyes. Lightbulb actually grinned back.
"You can do whatever you wanna do, kiddo." She chuckled sympathetically, something in her voice was concerned. Paintbrush smiled a bit, but then finally noticed me and sighed. Lightbulb looked at them, followed their gaze and then frowned.