21: With Great Resent

Log Date:1560. We have reached week 3. So far, three dead. Two still remain. The two subjects that remain are the ones I've deemed most mentally and physically stable. Yet they also seem to hate each other. I wonder how this'll go. I fell asleep at my desk, and as a result, not very good dreams insued. It appears I was working on....oh right. The informatives. I'll report again later.

*Around 4 hours earlier, at 2:34 am*

Test Tube's P.O.V:

What an odd place. It reminds me of  Room 32, but cleaner and nicer. I hear someone, so I turn around. My stomach lurches and I feel stabbing guilt. There is the newly departed Lightbulb, with her hand on a window. I wonder what she's seeing. Clearly something not good, as she's frowning. I see Apple walk up next to her. "Watching them, Huh? Yeah It's entertaining" She remarked. "I can't believe I had to do that to Painty. Seeing them cry when it's not Movie night is so sad." Lightbulb replied sadly. "Well, Hey, hopefully they'll join us soon" Apple suggested. This caused Lightbulb to flare up angrily. "Are you seriously suggesting that?! I don't want to watch them die a horrible death like everyone else here did!" She yelled. I felt more guilt. Still my fault. Then someone from behind me spoke. "That's What I had to do for Apple". Marshmellow. She spoke in such a bitter tone I could've sworn she could stab somebody with it. "I already apologized....okay?" Lightbulb replied sadly. "It's fine Marshy, it really is. We all get hungry sometime" Apple laughed. That's when it went silent, as they all had turned around and saw me.

I immediately bolt up from my resting place. I look around wearily. Nothing. How....odd. I look down at my desk. Right, got to finish my informatives. Oh wait, they're already finished. I guess I just need to send them, then go down to get....Lightbulb's chip. Stars above, that was probably the worst move ever. I should've coded them to deactivate when the host died. Oh well. I walk over to my mail slots, and start to send the informatives. Until I see a letter sitting at the bottom of one of them. I pick it up carefully. 

This is to who ever you are. You know who you are. You need to let those people go, wherever they are, and wherever you are. We don't know much about you, but since you wrote us a letter it's been easier to track you down. We sent this note via vending machine money slot. Hopefully, you haven't murdered any more people down there while in the process of writing this.

Well that hope goes out the window. I continue to read.

Please let the people go, or we will be forced to take immediate action. Signed — K.A.C. Kidnapping Action Committee. 

 I wonder who actually wrote this. I send my informatives to both of them, knowing that reading Lightbulb's informative is going to really tick off the K.A.C. Good, it'll teach them something.

*Five Hours Later*

Fan's P.O.V:

I'm honestly not sure if Paintbrush is awake or asleep right now. They've been staring at the ceiling for the past....let's estimate....uh, 9 Hours? I can't tell, it's hard to tell time down here. I get up, and grab a sandwich half from the enormous pile in the corner. I sit down and chew on it a bit. Well, time to do what I usually do. Count the dead, Log down an experience, and Try to finish that escape room game since I have nothing else to do. So we've got three dead. Count the dead, check. I pull out my phone. 25% battery. Still good. I load my files, and begin to type down the log for Lightbulb's unexpected death. Log down an experience, check. To be honest, typing on my phone is a lot harder when I can only see out of one eye. Note to Self: Try and get that fixed later. I pull up the escape game app. Sure, it's quite degrading, but it's distracting and fun. I've made it to Chapter 3, part 2. The game has a total of 40 chapters. It's a hard game, okay?  I'm stuck on trying to get the tile puzzle to work. Then I hear someone yelling. "Don't touch her!" Turns out, it was Paintbrush. Surprise, Surprise. I glance up, and notice Test Tube is there too. Holding her signature scalpel. "She's dead, it's fine. I'm sure of it" Test Tube replied calmly. "Yeah, thanks to you! What do you even want from her dead body?!" Paintbrush yelled back. "Her tracking chip. So if you don't mind, I'm taking it. It was originally mine in the first place" Test Tube bent over and grabbed Lightbulb's limp wrist. I hate watching this....so I just lower my gaze back to my game.

Paintbrush's P.O.V:

First Test Tube ends up murdering people, now she wants a stupid chip back?! She's lost her mother freaking mind. I stand back, but still ready to fight if I have to. She's cuts the chip out. That bloody, blackish blue chip. I bet she'll take Lightbulb out of here soon, considering she's dead. Well, she can't decompose like food objects will. I make a decision. One that'll help me remember Lightbulb for the ages till I join her. "I want that chip" I said quietly. Test Tube glances up at me. "You? Want this chip? Even though it's useless?" She questioned. "I don't care. Just hand it over." I noticed the small hole in the corner. Threading some of my Bristle through that can work as a makeshift necklace. "Fair enough" She said quietly, wiping it off and handing it to me. I study the chip. Small bits of gold shine on it as well. "Are you going to take the rest of her?" I asked slowly. "Only if you want me to" Test Tube replied. I glance at what was Lightbulb. Smiling, just as she always has been. I hate looking at her, because she looks like she's just sleeping. "Just take her" I said bitterly. "Alright then" Test Tube replied, beginning to drag Lightbulb by the foot out of here. Now she's truly free. I grab a shard of metal that was brought in here by Lightbulb, and cut a piece of my Bristle off. I made sure it was long enough for a make-shift necklace, and thread it through the hole in the chip. I put the chip necklace around my neck. I may forget her voice, I may forget her actions, I may forget her home. But I will never forget her face, and I will never forget her. Ever.

Test Tube's P.O.V:

I find it odd that Paintbrush wanted Lightbulb's tracking chip. Apparently with some new observation, they wanted it as a reminder. How sweet. So far, Fan hasn' show any new behavior. I'm not even sure he knew I was in there. Carrying Groceries gave me some strength, as It's a lot easier to drag Lightbulb around now. I find one of my old freeze containers, something I used on Subject 2-2. For now, I'll use it for storage. I pick Lightbulb up, and carefully set her in. I close the container door, and lock it back. Just cautious. That dream has me suspicious. I head backwards to my office, and notice another note from the K.A.C. I just toss it. If they send anyone down here, they certainly are going to become a subject. They saw how well that turned out the first time. 

Dear Committee, this is the Metal again. I regret to inform you, Subject 1-4 has passed. For once, this was her choice. You most likely know her better as Lightbulb. I didn't murder her with her consent, if that's what your thinking. She chose to die by her own hand. Literally. Hope you don' t mind any, as there is still two more to "rescue" down here. I doubt any of your attempts shall be successful. I actually was a fan of 1-4 So it hurt me probably as much as it hurt you.

With Great Resent and Dearest Regards, Metal Kidnapper or T.