28: Puzzle Pieces

Log Date 1567: Today was a creative day. Was a bit disappointed... sickeningly disappointed. Ill be sure to.. get a little more creative for the next test. Something tells me it's going to get.. darker around here. I can't shake that feeling. I really need to though.

Test tube's P.O.V

I rub my hands together, the energy from my excitement keeping me awake.
And maybe my fifth coffee.
Today would definitely, let's say, "change the game."
I figured it's about time my test subjects started to do some physical activity, wouldn't want them to cripple down here too. Well, that'd be an interesting side effect to study. Not today though. This experiment would be more for me to see how well they can co-operate together, especially...
..Irrationally

Lightbulb's P.O.V

My eyes slowly opened, the world finally seemed to blur into vision. For once I wasn't needed to jerk awak-

"Gob2Q= mb3JuaQ==ng sdQ==bjects!!"

The speakers screeched with an unfamiliar hiss. Fan jumped with a loud yell while Paintbrush got up and almost lost their balance. I dug my fingers into the ground to relieve the pain of the eardrum-killing monsters. Soft button sounds emerged from the speaker.

"Oh my bad. It's been a while since I used this. Anyhow..
Good morning subjects! Today I have a rather thrilling experiment for you!!"

Test tube's hyper tone made my stomach turn to stone. I felt concern rising in my throat so I ran to the window, shoving Paintbrush aside in the process.
"You think you can just hide behind that window buddy?!" I yelled, "Come out and-"

"Now you might feel a little bit tired after this, but sleep is not permitted. You have to stay awake. Enjoy!"

I turned back, Fan's confused yet worried stare pulled me over to him. I hugged him tight, bracing ourselves for whatever Test tube had coming. Paintbrush drew a confident position, although I could see their glare shaking. It was at that moment I kind of missed what Paintbrush and I had. I guess I didn't realise how much I enjoy just being a part of their charade. It was nice, just laughing along to their ridiculous fits.

But in between my thoughts, I heard a hissing sound, as if something was being released into the air. I got up to see what it was, but drowsiness clogged my vision, and my thought. Suddenly, I could feel my whole body dropping. My steps were clumsy until eventually I had no choice but to fall to my knees and weakly cough.
I felt like I was dying, but I was just tired.

"Uggghhhh" I groaned, not that I wanted to, my brain was just so sloppy from being so tired
Even still, if I lied down I probably wouldn't be able to sleep.
Weird.

I turned around to check on Fan, although the first thing I saw with Paintbrush. As much shock as I felt, I was more confused. Paintbrush was crying, absolutely wasted in their sadness. Fat tears rolled down their face, though they didn't make a sound. Quite poetic if you think about it, which I wasn't in the mood to do. Fan was laughing hysterically, still that scared smile plastered onto his face. He looked more insane than amused if I'm being honest. I chuckled, without knowing why. Soon chuckles turned to giggles, then to laughing, and soon I was laughing ridiculously too. I held my stomach and fell over without a care in the world, although the pain in my back from my awkward sleeping posture was back to get me.

In enough time, the room was filled with psychotic laughter, even Paintbrush was laughing through their tears. Fan, who I'm guessing was so worn-out he couldn't comprehend anything, latched onto Paintbrush, who was also on the floor, laughing and crying.

Summoning whatever I had left of my conscience I chuckled,
"Wow. Look at us. We could only get along if we were all as drowsy as drunk!"
Which made Paintbrush laugh even harder, whether it was from that painful realisation or if they just found it as funny as I did, I don't really care.
The room howled for ages, and then everything felt silent.
And then the world went black.