56. Relax

You walk down the familiar Konoha streets, getting looks from some of the villagers. You and Iruka's arms were locked after all. You look at him, giggling at the sight of his nervous blush. He meets your gaze and gives an awkward smile. He's probably never been on a date, you didn't want to make any assumptions but he made it a little obvious. He leads you into a restaurant and approaches the reception. "Uh reservation for Iruka at 7:30". The waiter nodded and rung a bell, getting a young woman to come over. She smiled brightly at the two of you, letting her eyes linger on Iruka a little longer. "Just the two of you tonight?", she asks Iruka, not even glancing at you. He nods. "Yeah". She smiles at him once more and turns around, looking back at him over her shoulder. "Follow me, I'll take you to your table". She swayed her hips as she walked, you let out a sigh at her pathetic attempt. "Are you alright?", Iruka whispers to you. You nod. "Yeah, its nothing. I just needed to sneeze but it disappeared". He nods and we continue to follow the woman to our table.

She stops and places two menus on a table in front of her, smiling innocently. "Here you are, have a seat and I'll be there soon to take your order". We nod and watch her leave. Iruka sighs and rests his face in his hands. "I'm sorry, our dates only begun and its terrible". You lean over and pull his hands away from his face, sending him a smile. "It's okay". He relaxes a little and looks down at your hands still holding his. "Y'know because I really like you, I have for a while now and I've never been on a date before so I don't really know what I'm doing. I don't want to ruin it and now I'm scared that that woman will try to ruin it. I just don't want you to hate me...", he trailed off. You giggle. "It's alright, just don't over think it. I could never hate you Iruka, you're a very sweet and kind man. That woman can't ruin tonight so just ignore her". He smiles sweetly up at you and moves his hands so they cover yours instead. He takes a deep breath and looks to the side, noticing the woman approaching the table. She glances down at your connected hands and gives a fake smile. "Are you two ready to order yet?". Iruka suddenly stands up, pulling you with him. "Sorry for wasting your time but we've gotta go". He holds your hand and leads you towards the door, leaving the waitress shocked. You raised an eyebrow at him. "What are you doing? I thought tha-". "I don't care where we go, just as long as I get to spend time with you I will always be happy". You blush lightly and allow him to pull you to a small food place.

You both get some food and walk down the illuminated streets of Konoha. "Where are you going?", you ask ,trying to figure out where he was taking you. He sends you a small side smile and gently squeezes hand. "You'll know when we get there".

It took only 10 minutes for you to realise where you two were going. You reached the park where the girls had taken on of flower day not too long ago. Iruka pulled you from the path and into the trees heading towards his secret spot. You both broke through the trees and gasped, it was even more beautiful at night. He lead you over to the base of a large tree and sat you both down. Your eyes drifted across your surrounding, landing on Iruka. His face was very red, he seemed nervous about something. 

"Are you alright?", you ask. He gives a quick nod and glances up at you, his eyes lingering on your lips. You noticed this and moved closer, startling him. "W-what are you doing?", he stutters. You smile softly at him. Damn was he adorable when nervous. "You're too shy for your own good, just hold still, okay?". He gives a slow nod, stiffening up as you press you lips softly against his. After a moment of panic he relaxes, wrapping his arms around your waist. His kiss was clumsy but gentle, causing you to smile into it. You both pulled away with pink cheeks, looking down at the ground. You giggled, reaching up with one hand to cup his cheek. "Your first kiss?", you ask. He gives a slow nod, an embarrassed expression on his face. "You could tell?". You nod, meeting his gaze. "It's okay". You look up at the sky, noticing how dark it has gotten. "I think I should get going, I wanna be there for the boys before they head to bed". He nods and jumps up, helping you to stand. "I'll walk you home". You smile brightly and lean forward placing a kiss on his cheek. The two of you make your way back to the path, heading toward the exit of the park.

Timeskip

You reached the door of your house and turned around to face the brown-haired man. He was looking nervously down at the ground, playing with the hem of his shirt. You couldn't help but smile at the sight of it, it reminded you of your first date with Zabuza. For such a strong, powerful man he was so nervous and flustered, sometimes even tripping over his words. "Thank you for taking me out tonight, I had a lot of fun". He smiled and met your gaze, opening his mouth only to find no sound coming out. You playfully rolled your eyes and leaned in, kissing his lips gently. His face turned bright red and he tensed up again. "Just relax, okay". He nods and lets out a long breath. "I was actually wondering if I could ask you something". You tilt your head to the side in confusion. "Like what?". "Well, as you know... I've liked you for a long time and now that we've actually gone out I was wondering if you'd like to be my girlfriend". Your eyes widened slightly. He noticed your reaction and cowered a little. "It's okay if you don't feel the same way I-". "Yes". He raised an eyebrow, meeting your gaze. "What?". You giggled and smiled lightly. "I said yes, Iruka. I will be your girlfriend". You opened your front door and sent him one last wave before entering. 

Well shit. You two are finally going out and next, I'll be writing about the Chunin exams. I hope you enjoyed! Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD