66. Confession

You left the bar in search of the scarred male. You didn't see him outside but could sense his chakra in the area. You hear a sigh above and looked up, seeing him sitting on the roof with his legs hanging over the side. You jumped up with ease, landing gracefully by his side. He looked upset, he was frowning and looking down at his lap. "Hey, are you alright?", you ask, taking a seat next to him. He doesn't even bother looking up, his eyes stay glued to his hands which rested on his thighs. He slowly nods his head. "It's alright, don't worry about me", he says, his voice barely audible. You felt annoyed seeing him in such a state, you wouldn't admit it but it hurt. You grabbed his hands and pulled them to yourself, warming them within your own. Iruka's eyes widen at the sudden contact. He looks up at you, his eyes locking onto yours. His lips parted at the sight of your worried face, you almost looked like you were about to cry.

"What are you trying to do?", you ask. He continues to stare at you, an unsure expression on his face. "Well, I-". "Well, you what?", you cut him off. "You want me to worry to death about you?". He opens his mouth but closes it seconds later. He looks down at your connected hands. "You worry about me?", he asks. You let out a sad laugh. "Of course I do, you idiot. What made you think that I didn't?". He glances down at the street below, his eye lingering onto the bar door. "You heard what Izumo and Kotetsu said... I just don't feel like I'm enough for you". Your eyes widen, not expecting him to say something like that. He notices the look on your face and takes his hands out of yours, holding them instead. "You used to be with Zabuza, right? I-I just don't feel like I'm enough for you, you deserve so much and I don't feel like I meet those standards". You look down at your connected hands, your bottom lip quivering a little. "Do you not like me anymore?", you ask, holding his gaze. He quickly shakes his head. "Of course I do, I just... I". He gives up on his sentence lets out a sigh. "I want what's best for you and I want you to be happy, I wish I was strong enough to protect you and be more for you rather than just a teacher".

*Slap*
A loud slap echoed across the dark Konoha night. Iruka was more than surprised as he held his hand to his throbbing cheek. And that's when he noticed it, you were crying. "Don't you dare say that again". "W-what are y-". "Iruka you are much more than you think you are, not only to me but to everyone else. Don't talk about yourself like that". He stared at you with wide eyes, unable to respond. You sigh and lean forward, resting your forehead against his shoulder. "I-I'm sorry... I didn't mean to...", you trail off. He doesn't say a thing, instead, wrapping his arms around you. "Please don't cry", he begs. You let out a quiet sniffle as you whisper into his shoulder. "Sorry, what did you say?", he asks, pulling you away to look you in the eye. You looked down at your lap and smiled lightly. "I said that I love you".

His eyes widened as he stared down at you, trying to come up with a response. You didn't bother looking up, your cheeks radiating a lot of heat. "I understand if you don't feel it yet, it's quite early but I just thought you should know". He quickly shook his head as he leant forward and kissed you gently on the lips, pulling away a few seconds later. You finally looked up at him, feeling a little more confident. "No, I... I love you too". You giggled and leaned into him, wrapping your arms around his neck. "I'm glad", your words almost inaudible. He held onto you for a few minutes before he pulled away. "Are you ready to go back inside? It's fine if you're not, I'll just walk you home". You shake your head. "No, I'd like to stay. So far I've been having fun, if it's alright with you then I'd like to stay here longer". He nods and hops off the roof with you by his side, your hand in his, making your way back into the bar.

Sorry, I haven't updated this story for a while, I wrote half of it and then forgot to finish it. Well, at least the two of you have confessed your love for each other. I have the rest of the story planned out so I don't expect that there should be any big delays. Hope you enjoyed the chapter. Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD