How You Feeling? (superfruit)

(Colbys pov)

I keep frowning as I walk into the girls room. I hand them their plates and take a sit back on the edge of the bed.

"Where's Sam."

The girl on the bed asked.

"He's still in the kitchen he'll be up here in a few minutes. So what are your names and stuff."

"I'm Talyor trapper also I'm 18 and this is my sister Lily she's 3...."

She sit the child up right in her lap so she could eat her peaches.

"Here is my best friend Hope bluefin, she's 17 and she's mute."

She glanced at her.

"Well, I'm Colby Brock and I'm 21 years old, Sam is 23. Hope you almost had me thinking that you were planning on killing me when you didn't say nothing to me."

I smiled as she hold up her hands and shook her head no. Talyor help Lily eat peaches after she eat a bite of ham, she look up at me.

"Did I upset him by asking what happened to his cousin."

I shook my head.

"No, he's still in shock that's he's gone, it's not sit in yet to him. He was raised with him because his cousin had John when she was young and she dead having him so Sam's family take him in and raised him like he was their own son."

I lied. She looked down at her sister.

"I blame myself some times for John's death because if I had gotten there faster he would be alive."

She look back up at me.

"I'm sure Sam doesn't blame you Colby."

I look at my hands.

"I know"

I wishpered. Sam came in caring two plates, he walked over and hand me one. I picked up the ham and take a big bite out of it. Sam look at me and give me a look that say take it slow or I'll get sick. I nod, we all sit there in silence as we eat. Sam broke the silence.

"So what happened to you girls."

Sam asked softly after we got done eating. Talyor looked scared to tell us, Sam lean forward and put his hand on Talyor's keen.

"You need to tell us for us to protect you guys."

She look so sacred, she look at her friend for an answer. Hope nod her head, she looks at Sam again.

"It was my dad. He forced us to do everything the clothing, the hunting, the cooking, and looking for food. He tryed so many times to hurt Lily but I would hide her form him when he gets home from the bar. It was so bad...."

Talyor had tears going down her face  but she didn't stop.

" He try to hurt Lily before but I didn't let him. Hope tryed to help us but that back fires every time. He beats me every damn day even after this stupid apocalypse, he will stave us if we did something wrong. I told Hope to take Lily and run but she wouldn't do it.he make us do things...."

Hope come over to the bed and put her arms around her as she cryed. Hope point her head towards the door, I nod. I grabbed Sam's hand and pulled him out of the room. I shut their door behind us, I started to walk to our room but Sam's was standing in front of their door.

"Sam they need some space for a while."

He looked at me and nod his head so I grabbed his hand and pulled him into our room, I got him to lay down after I shut the door. I put both my arm on the sides of his head as I keep myself from falling on him. I lean down to kiss him and round to my side of the bed. He turn towards the window so he can watch the snow fall form the sky. Suddenly I feel him start shaking, I turn him around so he was facing me.

I frowned when I see him crying, gentle put my arm around his waist.

"John.......loves the......snow"

Sam body shake more.

"I.....miss him......so much.......Colby."

I tighten my arms around little.

"I do to Sam."

I put the cover over us and I lay there until Sam falls asleep crying. After a little while I have fallen asleep too.