Chapter 14: Disguised as Couple

Your Point of View

Chilling. That is the most accurate word to describe the heavy atmosphere that is wandering around Erwin, Levi, and I here in this fucking wagon.

I can't help but wonder about Hanji's serious gaze as if she's telling me something within her hazel eyes, before Levi could get the hell out of me from Hanji's experiments. I couldn't just tell the damn she's referring to.

It's like...it's like she is challenging and warning me with just one stare from her. And it's bothering me.

Does that has something to do with the so-called harm she's talking about whenever I am on Levi's side?

I looked at Levi who is sitting on in front of me, looking on my opposite direction. I don't know why, but it seems like I'm just a mere stranger here, even if I am among their ranks, but still, lower than theirs.

Is it just me or his eyes dull and lifeless than ever? There's something...something different with those gorgeous gray eyes. I wonder what made them feel like that.

I just averted my gaze from Levi so he won't assume anything about me staring at him and looked up at the starry night sky, as dark and as silent as Levi's mood tonight.

The moon shines brightly and it's like following the movements of the wagon that we are riding on.

Not a single soul dared breaking the intimidating silence between us. The horse's footsteps and the environment's natural sounds are the only things that fill our ears at this moment. That's how silent it is.

What makes me more nervous and worried is that I don't have a single damn idea on where the shit are we going to go.

I badly want to ask them, but whenever I attempt to do it, there's something on my throat that stops me from speaking what's on my mind. It's like I'm prohibited to do what I wish.

Erwin, on the right side of Levi, is damn calm and composed despite the somewhat barrier that keeps the three of us isolated even if we're just sitting next to each other. He isn't on a bad mood right now, either. He is just writing something on a paper and a map underneath it.

Obviously, I don't know exactly what it's all about.

The silence grew even louder as we reach a gate of the wall.

The surroundings is fucking dark that you would only see the moon's borrowed light from the sun. A borrowed light...it reminded me of an unfortunate and unforgettable situation.

Annie. I didn't know what happened back then. It was like a hazy dream.

Erwin was the first one who finally broke the deafing silence that seemed like forever. "(Y/n), you haven't seen him in three years, correct?" He suddenly asked me, which I immediately replied with a nod.

"Yes, sir. Where is he?" I asked, directly to the point.

It's obviously the reason why he brought that topic up, though. What I did is just a natural response.

But imy idea is correct that I am finally able to see him already, why bring up the topic here? Why didn't they show me Eric already earlier? Where the fuck is he, anyway?

Uhh, questions are starting to bother and make me feel uneasy.

"He's in jail today, for almost a month already." Erwin simply stated.

Wait, what the hell?!

I tried to make myself calm. I tried to make myself composed. I know that I can't burst out now. But after all the news he just announced, I can't find a way to stay relaxed.