Chapter 24: Dreaming Is Over

Your Point of View

"Just Levi." He muttered, furrowing his brows as if he was surprised to hear me saying his name.

"And you... You're the one that I saved from that day, right?" He confidently uttered, making me feel like a cold water bucket washed all over me.

"H-how did you know?" I stuttered, surprised by how he managed to recognize me.

Fuck, how did this man know? I didn't tell anybody about my past! That's impossible.

Shit! That braid, I didn't wear that when we tried to make Eric escape from that jail. No fucking way...

But wait...that man...was actually him?

"So I was right. That weak girl who just ran is you." His lips curved, almost smirking.

How dare him insult me?! At least I'm a grown woman now. I am not that weak girl anymore. I'm not the same.

He continued. "But where the hell did you get Ackerman from—"

I was shocked when someone behind Levi then slowly opened the room's door, making the sound creak like the ones in those scary legends, entering the room and his shadow is the only thing to be seen.

Who is that? Is it... Could it be...?

My eyes widen the moment the stranger pointed a knife near Levi's knife, then cupped his mouth with his hands.

In a blink, he was gone.

"Levi!" I shouted, but my voice suddenly disappeared. I want to speak, but there's something that is stopping me from. It is like something is in my throat that makes me mute.

My surroundings suddenly went blank.

Everything... I am surrounded with such darkness.

Darkness... So black that I might even consider myself being blind. What the fuck is happening?

I blinked consecutive times, making myself believe that it was only the room that makes the whole room dark.

But no... I can't remember any of us closing the window on my room, nor anyone or anything blowing the candles except the fact that that monster fucking kidnapped Levi.

I could feel my bones hurt as if they were being crushed, and my eyes being swollen as if I just cried a while ago.

The walls around me started collapsing, as well as the floor that I am stepping on.

I covered my head, afraid that something might fall ontop of me.

Everything went blurry on my vision as the headquarters became a demolished structure, with no person in it but me.

Just me.

Shit! What the heck just happened here? Where is everybody? Where is Eric?

I fell onto the ground, and my body hurt even more. I cupped my chest that hurts like hell. It feels like it is being pumped a million times.

I opened my eyes, but all I could see are the broken bricks and wood objects around me, and the moonlight, illuminating the whole area.

I tried to stand on my feet, but when I tried, I failed. Did my legs just got crushed?

Good thing there's no rocks or bricks that hit me or else this would get even worst.

Is this even real? What the fuck?

Suddenly, I started to hear loud footsteps from my back.

The weird thing is that they were not just ordinary footsteps. They're fucking different.