Chapter 28: Unaccomplished

Your Point of View

We've continued riding on our horses, and the only difference is that the Female Titan-Annie, isn't chasing us now.

I could feel my squad reacting differently or all at once; shocked, relieved, and surprised.

"Advance a bit farther, tether the horses, and switch to Manuever Gear. You guys will be off on your own for a while. Eldo, lead the squad...and (y/n), you'll be coming with me." Levi ordered, looking away from me after saying that.

I stared at him in confusion. What is his problem? He seemed awkward.

Wait... Is he blushing?

"Once you're a good distance away from the Titan, hide Eren. Take mine and (y/n)'s horses." Levi finished his sentence, using his Manuever Gear and flying towards the direction of the Titan we just caught.

"Eric... Be careful. Stay alive or I'll be the one who'll kill you. Understood?" I muttered my last words before following Levi.

He just smirked and nodded at me.

I flied through the trees, following Levi's track a few steps away.

I landed on the same branch as him where our Commander, Erwin is standing on, watching the Titan that is attempting to move and escape.

Annie is in a complete mess.

But after all these, will she be able to find her way to set herself free and escape from us?

"Looks like it stopped moving a bit." Levi muttered, probably talking to Erwin.

"We can't lower our guard. But you did well, leading it here." Erwin complimented, closing his eyes.

If he only knew how much time we bought just to lure that Titan up to here and get swayed by the feelings we had that time when Annie is still trying to catch us.

"Men in the rearguard squads died buying us the time we needed. We couldn't have done it without them." Levi silently uttered, feeling sorry for what have happened.

I lowered my head. I haven't been through a number of missions, and until now, that soldier spirit thing is still not in my vocabulary.

A have a feeling that Erwin is aware that I still haven't learned that thing.

I glanced at Levi. His eyes... is it just me or those eyes really look teary? This is the first time I have seen him acting like that.

Levi mourning on someone...is rare.

I'm not saying that a person like hin would never cry just like a normal person does. What I mean is that...He rarely shows them, that's why I am surprised.

Well, I act like the way he does, too. Just like him, I don't like showing my real intentions and personal feelings in public. I don't want anyone to see what my real colors are.

I've always wanted to keep everything myself, without a single soul knowing about anything and everything.

"Thanks to them, we'll be able to see who's inside this thing. I hope they haven't pissed themselves..." Levi continued, raising his thin eyebrows at the Female Titan.

I darted a glance at Annie's Titan whose reaction perfectly matches her real reaction if she isn't on her Titan form at this moment.

I picked my blades out of it's reservoir, ready to aim for the Titan's hands. We can't waste any time.

This monster is indeed a clever woman. She positioned her arms and hands on her nape to protect it's weak point, so we need to get it out of the way in order to capture her inside of that Titan. She makes sure that we would have a hard time first before accomplishing our plans.