Chapter 35: A Choice with no Regrets (Season 1 - Epilogue)

Note: This part is rewritten and revised, and is far more better and complete from the ones I've mistakenly published. And let me announce: this is the epilogue of Season 1. But the special chapters will be published soon! Just recollecting all the data I've spilled about Erza Leonhart or (y/n).

I love you guys and thank you for supporting this story even though the updates are slow.

***

Your Point of View

This is it. There's no turning back now. What is needed to be faced must be fucking faced. No buts. No excuses.

Because of my condition, instead of them assigning me a hard task, Hanji suggested to put me as a part of their backup plan she named, "Recapture."

It was originally not a part of the capture, but Hanji promoted this move in case our original plan would fail. But, no one knows until it happens. There's still this chance that this Plan B would be useless.

Somehow, I felt protected for some reason. It's like they really care about me, that almost looked suspicious.

It's like they knew something, that's why they're protecting me but decided not to mention anything about it until I'm the one to do it.

I know, it's fucking early to jump onto conclusions. But if I continue ignoring all them, I'll be blinded and possibly, in the end, be helpless.

But if you think about it, I might be correct. Levi knows who I am. I don't know how, but I doubt that he's figured it all out by himself. It's quite intriguing how he knew.

That is another thing for another problem. I knew it, this day would come. I should've acted more convincing.

I just found it amusing how he found out about me. I mean, Eric didn't suspect me for more than ten years.

So, how did that jerk figured it all out?

But on the other hand, I will reveal myself anyway...so why do I feel bothered about it? Should I be happy that they already knew it yet decided not to kill me? They should hate and despise me for who I am. I am a one fucking monster.

Shit. This is crazy. I don't know which should I choose anymore.

I glanced at Eric who is standing on my right, playing a cigarette on his right hand. What the fuck, one of his legs were gone, and now he wants a bad health for heaven's sake.

"Hey, drop that or I'll drop you." I warned him, raising one of my eyebrows.

"Ohh, sorry. I just can't help it. Hehe," He smiled at me as if he was a child pleading his mother.

Eric insisted to join the mission. He said he wants to "protect" me. Even if it was perfectly fine for everyone for him not to participate, he still resisted this morning until I couldn't do anything but say yes.

Now? I am completely worried about what might happen. He's just as hard-headed as I am.

I took a deep breath. "Please, Eric, can you just behave? You're making me worry. You should've just not come with us."

He replied. "Oh, fuck. Don't worry about me. I should be the one protecting you. You're still injured as well, don't blame me."

I just sighed in response. I really have no idea why he has to do this all the time, protecting me like I'm a one of a kind treasure.

My eyes landed on the underground tunnel, surrounded by tens of people hiding around and waiting for the target to come.

Now I wonder, what happened to Armin and his friends? They were the ones who were asked to lure Annie underground. Did it really work at all? Are Armin's manipulative skills enough to persuade Annie to follow them?