2.5 Ji YuLan - Five (1)

Chun Ping Gu sect, just like the other two most prominent sects in the Continent of Tian Long, was almost inaccessible to normal people.

In fact, the only people who could ever hope to enter the valley where the sect was located were cultivators.

The valley was separated by the outside world by an expansive natural lake, ever cool in temperature all-year round

The valley was separated by the outside world by an expansive natural lake, ever cool in temperature all-year round. There was no bridge or road connecting the main land and the sizeable island the main sect was located at. It was also surrounded by perpetual mist, obscuring the sect's presence from untrained eyes. 

A species of white cranes also made the valley their home. The birds were almost blind, hence the mist never really impede their livelihood. They hardly made any trip outside the valley and the mountain range nearby as well, most of them spending their entire lifetime there.  

To reach the valley, cultivators had to literally fly in or out. For Established cultivators, this was an impossible feat. However, for Martial-Artist ranked cultivators and above, this was as easy as flipping the back of their hands. Cultivators of at least this level would already be able to regulate their qi properly and be fully aware of at least the working of their Xia Dantian. Consequently, they would have been able to open the necessary meridians to achieve Fei Xing Gong (1).

For the three prominent sects in the continent, they took the Xing Gong skill a level further: the cultivators liked to fly on swords.

----------

For YuLan, this was one of the two things she must be able to do if she wanted to be stronger, and to also get out of the valley at a certain point of time in the future.

In fact, none of the inner disciples would be allowed to leave the sect before they were at least capable of flying themselves across the lake to the mainland. Only after they mastered the basic knowledge of Fei Xing Gong, could they learn to fly on swords.

At the moment though, there was a more pressing matter on hand.

YuLan and several other young girls around her age or slightly older were currently standing in line on a stone platform by the lake. Behind her, was Mei Zi – Lady MeiGui's daughter that had also tagged along.

The girls had been brought over to the valley by Ping sect's cultivators. YuLan and Mei Zi were carried by Zhu Hong and Ju Huang on the women's flying swords.

When YuLan, Zhu Hong, and Ju Huang learnt of the little princess' name from Lady MeiGui, they could not help but to twitch their eyes.

Lady MeiGui was very unoriginal in selecting a name for her own daughter. She had actually used her own name when she was still a disciple of Ping sect. Back then, the mischievous looking woman only grinned and said, "At least every time you look at my daughter, you won't forget me."